Question

Bot Store download process changed?

Hello together,

i recognized that if i download an bot from the bot store i get an windows installer instead of the folder of the automation.

Can anyone explain how to download just the automation files from the bot store?

Thanks

36 replies

@Bruno Mendes (Customer User)​ ,

thanks for your reply, i now the procedure you explained.

Have you tried it today?

Since today i get Windows installer see below:

Capture

Hakan,

can you send me the Link of this Metabot?

Hakan,

When you download a Metabot from BS, it doesn't come with a Windows Installer. It almost always come with to files.

The Task .atmx

The Metabot.mbot

You just have to unzip the Metabot.

• Paste the Task file into 'My tasks'

Documents\Automation Anywhere Files\Automation Anywhere\My Tasks

• Paste the Metabot file into 'My Metabots'

Documents\Automation Anywhere Files\Automation Anywhere\My MetaBots

Its very important your refer to the Metabot Documentation.

Go Be Great

Holly!

Yeah your right Hakan, it has changed today 'cause I've download a Metabot yesterday and it was differente.

Yes here are some examples:

Right now i get it the installer on all Bot Store bots.

😲

There is no information on that from Automation Anywhere 😭

Hi @Anton Chiang​  Automation Anywhere,

Can you please go back to the old procedure because i don't have admin rights for installations on the business machine?

Why do we have to use the windows installer if we just want the .atmx and .mtbot files -> it is better to provide the files in a zip file and then download the zip file.

Best regards,

Hakan

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Folks, We released the bot installer (msi) for reducing bot install time from 5 minutes to 15 seconds.

• Please download msi and install it (double click the msi).
  • The license key is available under "My Downloads" page for that bot.
  • And you're all set. You do not have to copy paste any files to any folders. The installer will take care of everything. Please use the installer and share your experience. Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thank you everyone for sharing your feedback. I will bring this to the attention of our Bot Store team ASAP.

Regards,

Anton

Could you please provide both 2 ways to install (.msi and .zip)?

I'm facing the same issue with Hakan Ayranci - i don't have admin rights so i cannot install the downloaded bot.

In japan,We are working in high security environment, so only IT infra members have admins right. We have to request them every times i want to install anything into my PC

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Hakan Ayranci​ Thanks for the feedback. We introduced the MSI installer due to user friction in having to manually copy files from the download package into the right Automation Anywhere application directories.

That said, we now recognize that some customers are unable to use installer MSI files due to certain restrictions imposed by IT policies. To request zip files, please submit a request via at botstore@automationanywhere.com.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@FPT Software​ : Thanks for the input and feedback. We recognize that some customers are unable to use installer MSI files due to certain restrictions imposed by IT policies. To request zip files, please submit a request via at botstore@automationanywhere.com.

(As background: The reason we introduced the MSI installer is so that users no longer have to manually copy files from the download package into the Automation Anywhere application directories.)

Dear BrendanF102817,

Thank you for you replying.

I agreed with .msi solution - it helps us so much when deploy downloaded bot.

At this moment, i will use your suggestion (submit request via email) to get the bot. But if possible, please add more download option (by .zip). It's quicker & more convenience than email request. User will decide & select .zip or .msi by themselves.

Just for sharing, as i mentioned above, in Japan enterprises- Most of users (included RPA developer) don't have admin right so it becomes difficult to install anything on PC. I'll be very happy if your team also consider about this problem when design new future for AAE or Bot Store.

You also can zip file with password - then user will using license code to unzip the file.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@FPT Software​ Thanks for the feedback -- I'll pass on your suggestion for other download options (e.g. zip files) to the Bot Store operations team

But this can't be a be a permanent solution.

So for every Bot i want to download from the bot store i have to submit a request via the mail?

Hello @FPT Software​ and @Brendan Foley​ ,

as Do said you can provide a zip file with the key as password.

This could look like the following, so you can choose which one you want to download the zip or msi:

Capture

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Hakan Ayranci​ I'll pass on the suggest to our Bot Store operations team. At present, they're asking people to submit a request for zip files directly to them at botstore@automationanywhere.com (vs. making the zip files publicly available).

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Hakan Ayranci​ Per your other note, I've passed on your suggestion for downloading zip files to the Bot Store operations team. At present, they're asking people to send the request to the above email alias.

​Please provide an option to download as zip as well. Friction via zip file is fine with us where IT restrictions take priority. Sending email to get .zip is worse friction than .msi. Good intentions though for reducing friction.

Hi @Brendan Foley​,

thanks for your reply.

But how long do i have to wait until i get a response from the bot store if i ask for the zip files?

Hi AA Team,

as Hakan Ayranci told that is very important thing who are required fast development, my customer also eagerly waiting

to remove MSI and keep only zip files. You know AA is one of the top brand most of the domains they are using as part of their security they wont allow to install MSI files into systems it is time consuming process. Please take as priority on this and help the customers to server as best solution in the market.

Thanks

Hi @Brendan Foley​,

yes but we have two wait one or maybe two day until we get the Zip file via Mail.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Reddibhaskara Reddy Bandlapalli​ Thanks for the input -- as mentioned above, at present we're asking people to submit a request for zip files directly to them at botstore@automationanywhere.com (vs. making the zip files publicly available). I'll pass on your input to the right team.