Skip to main content

Automate the Universe Challenge #1

• 30 April 2024
  • 45 replies
Automate the Universe Challenge #1

Welcome to the first mini-challenge in our Automate the Universe series. These challenges are designed to ignite your creativity and problem-solving skills and are suitable for all levels of expertise. In this first challenge, you’ll create a solution for your personal, everyday life.

The Challenge:

Explore your daily routine and identify an everyday challenge that automation can improve or solve. Think about the tasks you perform regularly at home or on the go. From managing emails to organizing your schedule, there are countless opportunities to streamline processes and save time with automation.

Consider the following questions as you brainstorm ideas for your challenge submission:

• What repetitive tasks do you find yourself doing every day?
  • Are there any manual processes that could be automated to save time and effort?
  • Are there tasks that you often forget to do or overlook?
  • Is there room for improvement in how you organize or prioritize your tasks?
  • Are there any tasks that require multiple steps or involve data entry?

Once you've identified a challenge, your task is to propose an automation solution to address it.

Submission Criteria:

Submit your solution as a comment on this dedicated post, either in writing or through a link to a short demo video. Please include:

• A challenge statement that describes your chosen everyday challenge
  • A solution statement that explains how Automation Anywhere can help to improve or solve this challenge

All submissions will earn the Automate the Universe Challenge #1 badge and get you one step closer to the Trifecta Award: 

Remember, the goal of this challenge is to find creative ways to simplify your daily routine and improve efficiency through automation. We can't wait to see the innovative solutions you come up with.

Good luck, and happy automating!

This topic has been closed for comments

45 replies

Badge +1

Alright...let’s automate this universe!!

Problem Statement:

In London, UK, it gets cold. I'd like to automatically turn on my heating based on the temperature outside so I don’t have to even think about. No one likes getting into a cold bed in winter 😂.

Solution Statement:

An API Task should pull the current temperature for my postcode. If that temperature is below a certain threshold then the heating should be turned on.

Link to the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P3vXfQih99bwSITD627LdiuNYogrfevm/view?usp=share_link

Badge +10

So this is something i have tried with my American Express cards and has been really helpful:

Challenge Statement:

Managing and adding American Express (Amex) offers daily is a common challenge that involves time-consuming tasks such as checking for new offers, adding them to the account, and tracking their usage to maximize savings. This process can be tedious and easily overlooked, leading to missed opportunities for savings.

Solution Statement:

Automation Anywhere can significantly improve and streamline the process of managing and adding Amex offers daily..

Amex Offers Automation:

Automation Anywhere bots can be programmed to log into the Amex account daily, scrape the offers page to identify new or relevant offers, and automatically add them to the user's account. These bots can also track the usage of these offers, providing reminders or notifications when an offer is about to expire or when a purchase can be made to utilize the offer.

Real-life Benefits:

The implementation of this automation has proven to be highly beneficial in daily life. By automating the addition of Amex offers, users no longer need to spend time manually checking and adding offers every day. This ensures that all available offers are utilized, maximizing the potential savings without any extra effort from the user.

Additionally, the tracking functionality helps users stay on top of their offers, ensuring they do not miss out on any valuable deals. This leads to more efficient use of available offers, reducing the likelihood of forgetting to use an offer before it expires. Overall, this automation enhances the user's ability to save money and manage their finances more effectively, freeing up time for other important activities.

Badge +6

Hi all,

Problem Statement:

Every day, I need to take medications at specific times. This involves remembering to take each pill, logging the time and dosage, and ensuring I don't miss any doses. It's a repetitive and time-consuming task that could benefit from automation using Automation Anywhere.

Solution Statement:

• Step 1: Creating a schedule bot to send reminders.
    • Use bot that sends emails reminders at specific times each day.
  • Step 2: Setting up a monitoring bot.
    • This bot helps to checks the log to ensure medication was taken within the specified time. If not, it sends a follow-up reminder.

Badge

Challenge Statement:

I often find myself overwhelmed by the multitude of tasks I need to complete each day, from responding to emails to managing household chores. It's challenging to prioritize effectively and ensure that nothing important slips through the cracks.

Solution Statement:

Automation Anywhere can help streamline my daily routine by creating a personalized task management system. Using Automation Anywhere's capabilities, I can develop a solution that automatically categorizes and prioritizes tasks based on urgency and importance. For instance, I can set up triggers to flag emails from specific contacts as high priority or automatically schedule recurring tasks like bill payments and grocery shopping. Additionally, I can integrate with other applications such as calendar software and to-do list apps to ensure seamless coordination across different platforms. By automating these processes, I can save time, reduce stress, and ensure that I never miss an important task again.

Often for bill payment there is OTP which is received on mobile phone, that might hurt you.

Yes I agree, OTP human need to TakeCare. But making priority, Example Credicard bill payment due etc can be done by A360.

is there any suggested solution to automate OTP as well?

Badge +4

Challenge Statement:

As a working women the very difficult task is to  planning out my day and and to meet my deadlines in household cores as well as my own learning or upskilling myself and managing time for all this tasks priority wise is a big deal need one virtual assistant type bot that can handle and plan out my day accordingly.

Solution Statement:

An Automation solution in a form of bot that can help to create a virtual assistant bot that will help to plan out a day accordingly.

As deep downing technical side with the help of Open AI integration, can meet requirement of building own personal virtual assistant bot.

Hope this virtual assistant bot will be able to help everyone.

Thanks
Nidhi

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

So this is something i have tried with my American Express cards and has been really helpful:

Challenge Statement:

Managing and adding American Express (Amex) offers daily is a common challenge that involves time-consuming tasks such as checking for new offers, adding them to the account, and tracking their usage to maximize savings. This process can be tedious and easily overlooked, leading to missed opportunities for savings.

Solution Statement:

Automation Anywhere can significantly improve and streamline the process of managing and adding Amex offers daily..

Amex Offers Automation:

Automation Anywhere bots can be programmed to log into the Amex account daily, scrape the offers page to identify new or relevant offers, and automatically add them to the user's account. These bots can also track the usage of these offers, providing reminders or notifications when an offer is about to expire or when a purchase can be made to utilize the offer.

Real-life Benefits:

The implementation of this automation has proven to be highly beneficial in daily life. By automating the addition of Amex offers, users no longer need to spend time manually checking and adding offers every day. This ensures that all available offers are utilized, maximizing the potential savings without any extra effort from the user.

Additionally, the tracking functionality helps users stay on top of their offers, ensuring they do not miss out on any valuable deals. This leads to more efficient use of available offers, reducing the likelihood of forgetting to use an offer before it expires. Overall, this automation enhances the user's ability to save money and manage their finances more effectively, freeing up time for other important activities.

@Abhishek P92  I was quite literally checking out the offers in my Amex account this morning! It is so tedious to review them and so I obviously LOVE this idea!

Badge +4

Challenge Statement-

Me as a corporate employee find myself spending a significant amount of time each day managing my email inbox, sorting through messages, responding to inquiries, and organizing tasks. This repetitive task can become overwhelming, especially when combined with other daily responsibilities.

Solution Statement:

Automation Anywhere can help improve or solve this challenge by implementing a smart email management system that automates various email-related tasks, such as sorting, prioritizing, and responding to messages.

The solution could include the following automation processes:

1. Email Sorting and Prioritization: Automation Anywhere can analyze incoming emails based on predefined criteria such as sender, subject, keywords, or importance. It can then automatically categorize emails into different folders or labels, prioritizing urgent messages for immediate attention.

2. Template Responses: For frequently asked questions or common inquiries, Automation Anywhere can generate template responses that can be customized and sent with just a few clicks. This saves time on typing out repetitive responses for similar email inquiries.

3. Task Integration: Automation Anywhere can integrate with task management tools such as Asana, Trello, or Microsoft To-Do to automatically create tasks or reminders based on the content of emails. For example, if an email contains action items or deadlines, Automation Anywhere can extract this information and create corresponding tasks in the task management system.

4. Follow-up Reminders: For emails that require a follow-up or response at a later time, Automation Anywhere can set reminders to ensure that no important emails are overlooked or forgotten. These reminders can be integrated with calendar applications or task management tools to keep track of pending actions.

5. Email Analytics: Automation Anywhere can provide insights into email usage patterns, such as the number of emails received, average response time, and busiest times of the day. This data can help employees identify areas for improvement and optimize their email management workflow.

Overall, Automation Anywhere can significantly streamline the email management process for corporate employees, allowing them to focus on more strategic tasks and improving overall productivity.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello @sudheer.daaripineni , your attention to detail in configuring reminders and notifications to ensure users never miss a payment is great. Encourage you to participate in Challenge 2 and Challenge 3 to grab your Trifecta Award!

Hello @jackson , will definitely try this one! 😀 Really encourage you to participate in Challenge 3 to grab your Trifecta Award

Badge +1

Problem Statement -
Patients search online to find new healthcare providers, with top places being Google, insurance provider directories and social media. Patients are often overwhelmed when looking for new healthcare providers manually.

Solution Statement -
Automation Anywhere will take input from a form such as specific doctor specialty, insurance type, and other criteria with long-tail keywords typically having 3 or more terms. Here are a few examples;
1. Therapist accepting new patients
2. Doctor that accepts XYZ insurance

BOT will analyze the inputs and using AI capabilities, it will generate a list of doctors/healthcare providers with the best match.

Badge +5

Challenge Statement:

As an automation developer, building a well-organized bot folder structure is crucial for several reasons. It ensures that all activities performed by the bot are systematically logged, which is essential for auditing, debugging, and governance. Traditionally, developers need to write numerous lines of code to establish a proper folder structure, consuming valuable time and potentially impacting project deadlines. To address this challenge, I developed a solution that creates the entire folder structure with just one line of code. This innovation not only enhances team performance but also significantly saves time. Check out my solution to see how it streamlines the process and boosts efficiency.

Solution Statement:

To address this challenge, I developed a custom package in Java that can create the entire folder structure with a single action command. In this custom action command , you will provide the process name and the root folder path where you want to create the folder structure (e.g., `C:\Bot Folder`). This action returns a dictionary variable containing all the attributes of your folder structure, such as debug logs file path, error logs file path, input folder path, output folder path, mapping file path, and more. This dictionary variable can be used consistently across all parent and child bots, eliminating the need for additional lines of code. With just one action command, the entire folder structure is generated, streamlining the workflow and enhancing efficiency.

Skills required to build this custom package include:

- Proficiency in Java programming

- Knowledge of creating and managing data structures (e.g., dictionaries)

- Familiarity with bot development and automation best practices

-Necessary permission to upload custom package into your control room

Additionally, the documents provided by Automation Anywhere are invaluable for setting up the SDK needed to create this custom package. These resources help ensure that the package integrates seamlessly with existing automation frameworks and follows best practices for bot development.

Badge +4

Hi @Automation Anywhere Team ,

Challenge Statement:

For social media influencers, consistently creating engaging posts once or twice a day is crucial. Additionally, regularly following and unfollowing users is important for growing their audience. To manage these repetitive and time-consuming tasks efficiently, please see the solution below:

Solution Statement:

To address the mentioned challenge, the developer can create a bot using Automation Anywhere with the following steps:

1. The bot will read all required details from a config file, as well as from the Profiles Mapping file and Post Description Mapping file.
  2. It will then log into the social media account using the provided account details.
  3. The bot will create a post using an image saved in a folder along with the post description.
  4. Next, the bot will select a random follow profile, visit their first post, and extract profile links of those who liked or commented on the post.
  5. It will then visit the first 10-15 extracted profiles and hit the follow button to increase social media reach.
  6. Finally, the bot will go to the user's own following section, extract some profile links, visit each profile, and unfollow them to help increase the follower count.

By automating these steps, the bot effectively addresses the challenge and enhances social media engagement and reach.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Challenge Statement:
As an IT professional, efficiently summarizing weekly work activities and extracting details from diverse communication channels like emails and teams meeting transcripts is pivotal. However, the manual compilation of this information to track challenges, milestones, task statuses, and targets is intensive and error-prone. There is a pressing need for an automated solution to streamline this process and facilitate the monitoring of individual performance and portfolio.

Solution Statement:
To create an automation process that helps to logs work activities and extracts essential insights from emails and teams meetings transcripts. This automation will collate data from various sources, summarize weekly work activities, and track challenges faced, milestones achieved, tasks pending/completed/delayed, and targets met. The compiled data will then generate comprehensive weekly reports, providing IT professionals with insights into their performance and portfolio.

Benefits:
Time-saving, Accuracy, Performance Monitoring, Project Management and Decision Support.

Badge +4

Challenge Statement:

You want to automate the process of monitoring your weekly budget to ensure that you do not overspend in any category. You currently track your expenses manually and categorize them into different budget categories such as groceries, utilities, entertainment, transportation, and savings. The goal is to have an automated system that:

1. Retrieves your transaction data from your bank account.
  2. Categorizes each transaction.
  3. Updates a budget tracking spreadsheet or application.
  4. Sends alerts if spending in any category approaches or exceeds the set budget.

Solution Statement:

To automate budget monitoring with a weekly bot run, start by setting up an RPA bot to log into your bank accounts to download the latest transaction data. The bot should then categorize each transaction based on predefined rules or machine learning models. The categorized transactions are then updated into a budget tracking spreadsheet, such as Google Sheets. The bot should compare the spending in each category against the budget limits and send alerts via email or SMS if spending approaches or exceeds the set thresholds. Additionally, any transactions that cannot be confidently categorized are flagged for manual review, allowing for continuous improvement in accuracy. This automation streamlines expense tracking and budget adherence, providing timely alerts to prevent overspending.

Benefits:

• Time-Saving: Automates repetitive tasks, freeing up time for more important activities.

• Accuracy: Reduces human errors in data entry and calculations.

• Consistency: Ensures financial tasks are performed consistently and on schedule.

• Visibility: Provides real-time insights into financial status and trends.

By automating personal finance tracking, you can maintain better control over your finances, stay informed about your financial health, and make more informed financial decisions.

Badge +4

Challenge Statement: 

In this challenge - In this challenge, I want to automate a major problem that "MY MOTHER" faces when counting the number of days her maid is present and absent. Every day, she gets confused while keeping track of the maid's attendance. I want to create an Excel sheet that can easily calculate the number of days present and absent, and also provide a simple way to calculate the total wages at the end of the month. And paying the amount in the maids bank with out any confusion. 

Solution Statement: 

This can be achieved by automation using - Automation Anywhere 

1. Preparing the excel - Updating it daily for her attendance 
  2. Basic calculations while calculating the total number of days she came and total wages according to the hours she spend
  3. Last day of every month the total amount will be generated. 
  4. And the payment will be made - according to the number of days worked. 

Badge +5

Problem Statement: As a shop owner, I want to automate the process of sharing information about products with customers to enhance engagement and sales. The goal is to increase product sales on the daily basis.

Solution Statement: Using GenAI+Automation anywhere we can build an RPA solution and The solution should be capable of:

Catalog Management: Develop a system to automatically update and manage the product catalog, including product descriptions, images, prices, and availability. The RPA solution should retrieve this information from the inventory database or other relevant sources and synchronize it across different platforms.

Multi-Channel Communication: Implement robots to distribute product information through multiple channels, such as the shop's website, social media platforms, email newsletters, and messaging apps. The RPA solution should adapt the content format and delivery method according to the specific requirements of each channel.

Personalization: Incorporate algorithms to personalize product recommendations and marketing messages based on customer preferences, browsing history, and purchase behavior. The RPA system should analyze customer data to deliver targeted content that resonates with individual interests and needs.

Real-Time Updates: Ensure that the RPA solution can provide real-time updates on product availability, promotions, and other relevant information to customers. The system should automatically push notifications or alerts to notify customers of new arrivals, restocks, or special offers.

Customer Engagement Tracking: Develop mechanisms to track customer interactions with the shared product information, such as clicks, views, likes, and purchases. The RPA system should generate analytics reports to monitor engagement metrics and identify trends for future marketing strategies.

Integration with CRM Systems: Integrate the RPA solution with customer relationship management (CRM) systems to maintain a centralized database of customer information and interactions. This integration will enable seamless communication and data sharing between the RPA system and other business applications.

Compliance and Data Security: Ensure that the RPA solution complies with data protection regulations and privacy policies. Implement security measures to safeguard customer information and prevent unauthorized access or data breaches.

Performance Optimization: Continuously monitor and optimize the performance of the RPA solution to improve efficiency, accuracy, and customer satisfaction. Analyze data insights to identify areas for improvement and implement enhancements to enhance the effectiveness of the automated communication process.

By addressing these objectives, the RPA solution will enable the shop owner to automate the sharing of product information with customers, leading to increased engagement, sales, and customer satisfaction.

Badge +9

Challenge Statement:
As a IT professional we always need to login and logout on our system to mark our Attendance. But sometimes we are busy with work and can often forget to do so. 

Solution Statement:
Schedule Bot:
Every day, the bot will open the application and log in to the system at the assigned time. Accordingly bot will also log out of the system at the assigned logout time.

Badge +4

Problem Statement:

Having a high resolution camera in your pocket via a smart phone is amazing. All of the those high res photos and videos can eat up your internal storage so many of us rely on cloud storage, however that can be costly or may not be suitable for every user. 

Solution Statement:

Using A360 task bot we can build a bot to access your cloud storage from your computers browser and periodically move photos to local storage on your PC or an external HDD. You could also set rules to move photos or videos of a specific size or when a specific amount of storage is used in the cloud storage.

Badge +2

Hello Team,

Challenge Statement:-

To keep a track of monthly spend on E-commerce websites like Amazon, Flipkart because it happens while paying the credit card bill we often think when and where did we spend that money. And its hard to find out from the credit card statement.

Solution:

If we build a bot that keeps tracking our spend on these E-commerce website with the name of product and the price then that way its will be very easy to keep a track of the expenses.

Badge +5

Challenge Statement:

Currently, an important part of my daily routine is caring for my father and his cognitive decline (early stages of Alzheimer's). Activities such as medication tracking, managing medical appointments, and monitoring symptoms are repetitive daily tasks that could be optimized to give me more organization and free time.

Solution Statement

I could use Automation Anywhere to improve the execution of the following activities:

1. Reminder and tracking of medications

A360 BOTS could help me generate and schedule alerts via SMS or email to myself and a selected group of family members. Once the medications are administered, I could use AARI or consume CR APIs to trigger the recording of the dosage in a personal database, my SharePoint account, or a spreadsheet shared with my family members.

1. Medical appointment management

I could build a BOT that interacts with the web portal of our private health provider, searches for our doctor's availability, and schedules the next available appointment.

1. Monitoring and analysis of symptoms

Each time there's an incident of amnesia or important symptom-related data, I could record it, triggering the automatic generation of a report that I can take to every medical appointment to streamline the doctor's actions.

"I will endeavor to build a prototype soon."

Badge +4

So, here's my automation idea....

Challenge Statement:

Managing the reading of emails efficiently is a common daily challenge that often involves time-consuming tasks, such as understanding requests, rquests, available agendas, requesting orders, etc.

Solution:

Automation Anywhere can significantly improve and streamline the email management process by leveraging its robotic process automation capabilities integrated with Gen AI.

Email management automation:

Automation Anywhere bots can be programmed to trigger when an email enters a specific inbox or folder.
These bots integrated with AI assistants such as Gen AI Models can analyze data or information according to the type of each email. And deliver the type of email, sender, identify if it is urgent or not, briefly summarize the type of request or communication, based on that, generate alerts or reminders to execute the request.

I will try to build out a POC for the proposed solution in upcoming days.