Automate the Universe Challenge #1

• 30 April 2024
  • 45 replies
Automate the Universe Challenge #1
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Welcome to the first mini-challenge in our Automate the Universe series. These challenges are designed to ignite your creativity and problem-solving skills and are suitable for all levels of expertise. In this first challenge, you’ll create a solution for your personal, everyday life.

The Challenge:

Explore your daily routine and identify an everyday challenge that automation can improve or solve. Think about the tasks you perform regularly at home or on the go. From managing emails to organizing your schedule, there are countless opportunities to streamline processes and save time with automation.

Consider the following questions as you brainstorm ideas for your challenge submission:

• What repetitive tasks do you find yourself doing every day?
  • Are there any manual processes that could be automated to save time and effort?
  • Are there tasks that you often forget to do or overlook?
  • Is there room for improvement in how you organize or prioritize your tasks?
  • Are there any tasks that require multiple steps or involve data entry?

Once you've identified a challenge, your task is to propose an automation solution to address it.

Submission Criteria:

Submit your solution as a comment on this dedicated post, either in writing or through a link to a short demo video. Please include:

• A challenge statement that describes your chosen everyday challenge
  • A solution statement that explains how Automation Anywhere can help to improve or solve this challenge

All submissions will earn the Automate the Universe Challenge #1 badge and get you one step closer to the Trifecta Award: 

Remember, the goal of this challenge is to find creative ways to simplify your daily routine and improve efficiency through automation. We can't wait to see the innovative solutions you come up with.

Good luck, and happy automating!

45 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hey,

So, here is what I’m thinking..

Challenge Statement:

Managing meal planning and grocery shopping efficiently is a common everyday challenge that often involves time-consuming tasks such as browsing recipes, making shopping lists, and navigating crowded grocery stores.

Solution Statement:

Automation Anywhere can significantly improve and streamline the meal planning and grocery shopping process by leveraging its Robotic Process Automation (RPA) capabilities.

Meal Planning Automation:

• Automation Anywhere bots can be programmed to scrape recipe websites or databases to suggest recipes based on dietary preferences, ingredients on hand, or nutritional requirements.
  • These bots integrated with AI assistants like ChatGPT can analyze recipe data, generate meal plans for the week, and automatically compile shopping lists based on the required ingredients.

Grocery Shopping Automation:

• Automation Anywhere bots can interface with online grocery platforms to place orders based on the generated shopping lists.
  • These bots can navigate the online store, select the items, and schedule delivery or pickup, saving users the time and effort of manually browsing and selecting products.

This is less advanced version of the idea which should more than feasible to accomplish using Automation Anywhere. A bit more advance challenge would be to integrate with smart home devices such as smart fridges or inventory management systems to track inventory levels and expiration dates. Bots can receive real-time updates on inventory status and adjust meal plans and shopping lists accordingly, ensuring that users always have the necessary ingredients on hand.

I will try to build out a POC for the proposed solution in upcoming days. 

Let me know what you think! 😎

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Problem Statement:

My Financial summary on daily / Weekly / monthly. Get alerts for my 401(K), Crypto, IRA account changes and any significant gain or loss.

Solution Statement

Bot should send daily a report states any payment dues for any of the bills, credit cards, HOA, monthly installments, recurring transactions along with any major changes on 401(k), crypto, IRA accounts (significant gain or loss - overall and specific to particular fund / stock)

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Challenge Statement:

I want to invest in the stock market, but do not know what investments to buy. The adage is to buy low and sell high. However, it is very overwhelming to research financial articles, many of which contradict each other, to find which investments are worth purchasing.

Solution Statement:

• An Automation solution will take input from a form such as level of risk tolerance, strategy (buy and hold long term, make quick money), market sector interested in, and type of investment (Stocks, Mutual funds, ETFs).
  • The BOT will take the inputs and using GenAI capabilities will create a list of investment opportunities for the user.
Userlevel 2
Badge +10

As a software engineer, I want to accurately track and monitor my productivity by categorizing my activity hours into the 'Learning' and 'Work Productivity' categories. I currently manually input estimated hours spent on each category into a spreadsheet, which provides me with a sense of accomplishment when the numbers are high. However, the manual process is time-consuming and I often forget to track it. 

This challenge helped me address my issue and develop an automated tracking system for myself and log the numbers. I categorize certain pages I usually work on as productive, a few as learning, and others as miscellaneous. Using Trigger, I am launching a timer to track how long the page is active and log the number. However, there’s still scope for improvement, and would like to suggestions on the below scenarios:

• In case I open Spotify and then open another application, as long as the Spotify, only its activity is monitored and, the other application isn’t monitored. How do you think the bot can watch applications concurrently and track the time?

Peek into the bot running!

Check it Out

Tracking File

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi everyone,

I was thinking the following, I was on holidays and I didn’t check anything about the place before I travel. I didn’t check about the weather, if there was any interesting place to visit, anything at all.

To suit to this challenge, instead of thinking just for holidays or long stays, this could be apply to short-time stopovers, even for weekends or a day off.

• Challenge statement: Planning activities for a period of time (input) in a particular place (input). I also want to know, how is the weather on that area at that season. Best accommodation based on my budget (input) and suggestions taking on consideration Google reviews/Booking punctuation. For me, the most important thing to know about a place: public transportation, how to use it, how much it costs, frequencies, etc.
    • For example: I want to know what interesting activities I can do for a 3 days(not weekend) trip in Rome, Italy. I’m going to travel with my family (2 adults and 2 kids) and we enjoy going to museums as well as doing outdoor activities. I have a €1000 budget for the stay(flights already bought, but could be a v2 feature). I try to walk every time that I go to a new place, but sometimes distances are long and time is gold, so I want to know the best route to go from A to B using public transportation.

• Solution statement: based on the input provided, the RPA solution using GenAI is going to collect the answers to all the necessary topics (places to visit, accommodation recommended, public transportation, etc) and display the suggestions - including links to different articles/Youtube videos. The bot also sends that information by email to keep all the information and to be able to forward it to somebody else in case the adventure is going to be with someone else.

Happy to read your feedback about this!!

Thanks 😄

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Challenge Statement:

I often find myself overwhelmed by the multitude of tasks I need to complete each day, from responding to emails to managing household chores. It's challenging to prioritize effectively and ensure that nothing important slips through the cracks.

Solution Statement:

Automation Anywhere can help streamline my daily routine by creating a personalized task management system. Using Automation Anywhere's capabilities, I can develop a solution that automatically categorizes and prioritizes tasks based on urgency and importance. For instance, I can set up triggers to flag emails from specific contacts as high priority or automatically schedule recurring tasks like bill payments and grocery shopping. Additionally, I can integrate with other applications such as calendar software and to-do list apps to ensure seamless coordination across different platforms. By automating these processes, I can save time, reduce stress, and ensure that I never miss an important task again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Challenge Statement:

Manually tracking daily expenses across different categories groceries, food, bank transactions, travel, etc.) from emails can be time-consuming and error-prone. This makes it difficult to gain insights into your spending habits and identify areas where you can cut down on unnecessary expenses.

Solution Statement:

Automation Success Platform can be leveraged to automate expense tracking through an intelligent RPA solution, providing a more efficient and insightful approach to managing your finances.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Challenge Statement:

I often find myself overwhelmed by the multitude of tasks I need to complete each day, from responding to emails to managing household chores. It's challenging to prioritize effectively and ensure that nothing important slips through the cracks.

Solution Statement:

Automation Anywhere can help streamline my daily routine by creating a personalized task management system. Using Automation Anywhere's capabilities, I can develop a solution that automatically categorizes and prioritizes tasks based on urgency and importance. For instance, I can set up triggers to flag emails from specific contacts as high priority or automatically schedule recurring tasks like bill payments and grocery shopping. Additionally, I can integrate with other applications such as calendar software and to-do list apps to ensure seamless coordination across different platforms. By automating these processes, I can save time, reduce stress, and ensure that I never miss an important task again.

Often for bill payment there is OTP which is received on mobile phone, that might hurt you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Challenge Statement:

Solution Statement:

Often for bill payment there is OTP which is received on mobile phone, that might hurt you.

Yes I agree, OTP human need to TakeCare. But making priority, Example Credicard bill payment due etc can be done by A360.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hey ,

Problem statement:

I'm not sure if this is just my experience or if others encounter it too, but when beginning to learn something new, I often find myself lost in searching for supporting materials. It's easy to become overwhelmed when struggling to find the right medium for learning, leading to confusion and distractions that hinder progress in our learning journey.

Solution statement:

An automation solution empowered with the ability to generate a comprehensive learning plan based on skill level (Beginner/Intermediate/Expert) and specified time constraints using GenAI.

A BOT that goes by the name, “CurriculumGenius🙋🏻

• An Automation solution that takes input in a form with details like: Course Name, Skill level with a dropdown values: (Beginner/Intermediate/Expert) along with tenure by which course will be completed.
  • The BOT will take the inputs, using GenAI capabilities will create a course curriculum which will be tailored to our needs.

Upon receiving the curriculum, we can have a right vision / guidance of what and how to learn.

This solution will be incredibly valuable for individuals seeking professional growth, saving them significant time and effort that would otherwise be spent searching through various portals and links online.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the problem statement and the proposed solution. What are your impressions?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

THANK YOU @jayqb , @rbkadiyam , @jaye , @spandana 4141 , @Daiana Grimi , @Ganesh Bhat , @ChanduMohammad , & @Zaid Chougle for kicking us off & earning the Challenge 1 badge! 

If you have any questions regarding badging, please reach out to community@automationanywhere.com . 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hey,

Got little late, but am here with my snag.

Problem statement:

This could be a problem statement to all the e-diarists(people who like to Jot down their day-day activities in a personal e-notes). But considering the busiest life of ours, It’s a painful moment to write down from scratch & we tend to loose interest in this activity, that we are missing out to write down what happened in a day and how we feel about those situations which are really helpful in the long run.

Solution statement:

An automation solution which generates the day activities of  a person in the form of text(e-diary) where the person can continue updating the day activity from where the BOT has left which will be easy to update the existing day data.

Confusingly Interesting ?? or Interestingly Confused??

ok! Lets dig deep into the prototype

INPUT: 

As we all are in the photo world, where most of us will be clicking their important day-day activities. So, the only thing which BOT requires is a collection of photos of that particular day either in a shared folder or in any way, which acts as a input source data.

PROCESSING:

So, BOT picks up all the photos/videos which are available in particular source and the BOT can incorporate models such as Vertex AI studio or Azure AI visions which can actually analyze the images and generate a human-readable phrases based on the image and time.

OUTPUT:

As mentioned in the solution statement, a user can edit the document/e-dairy notes which was generated by the BOT, instead of writing their all the day activities from scratch. This not only reduces the time of the person to pen down about the situation but improves on writing how he/she felt on a particular situation.

Sai Teja Gayala

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Challenge Statement: Managing workday expenses efficiently and accurately is crucial for maintaining financial transparency and ensuring timely reimbursement for employees. However, the manual process of collecting, validating, and processing expense reports can be time-consuming, prone to errors, and resource-intensive.

Solution Statement: Automation Anywhere offers a comprehensive solution for automating workday expense processing, streamlining the entire workflow from expense submission to reimbursement using multiple ERP system.

Once expense reports are approved, Automation Anywhere seamlessly integrates with financial systems such as accounting software or ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems. It automatically generates journal entries, updates general ledger accounts, and initiates reimbursement payments to employees.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Challenge statement: Extraction of several reports to update indicators, group the data with history and generate indicators, send the results via email and message.

Solution to the challenge: Create a bot that collects reports, entering all systems and websites, filling in the inputs and waiting for the report to be downloaded. Move the downloaded files to the correct folders and update the indicators through Excel. After generating the updated indicators, send the result by email and also by message via Teams.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks  @Tamil Arasu10 @Sai1212  & @Polyana 8891,  for accepting the challenge and earning the badge.

If you have any questions regarding badging, please reach out to community@automationanywhere.com . 

Rima Sengupta

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Challenge Statement: Work-life balance can be a challenge with an active family, including caring for parents on both sides. A further challenge is having only one adult in the family able to drive. Managing a family-wide schedule for appointments, school activities, shopping, and recreation around a busy work schedule has led to some double-booked and forgotten appointments.

Solution Statement: I am thinking of using Co-Pilot to help resolve this. Creating a web form for all members in the family where they can add their appointment dates and times. The automation can then run to first confirm no conflicts exist on a shared calendar, and then add the appointment. Alerts to myself and the family member that set the appointment can then go out 30 minutes prior to ensure everyone is ready to be picked up.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Challenge Statement: Work-life balance can be a challenge with an active family, including caring for parents on both sides. A further challenge is having only one adult in the family able to drive. Managing a family-wide schedule for appointments, school activities, shopping, and recreation around a busy work schedule has led to some double-booked and forgotten appointments.

Solution Statement: I am thinking of using Co-Pilot to help resolve this. Creating a web form for all members in the family where they can add their appointment dates and times. The automation can then run to first confirm no conflicts exist on a shared calendar, and then add the appointment. Alerts to myself and the family member that set the appointment can then go out 30 minutes prior to ensure everyone is ready to be picked up.

If you create this… share it with me! This would be SO helpful!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Challenge Statement:

I want to invest in the stock market, but do not know what investments to buy. The adage is to buy low and sell high. However, it is very overwhelming to research financial articles, many of which contradict each other, to find which investments are worth purchasing.

Solution Statement:

• An Automation solution will take input from a form such as level of risk tolerance, strategy (buy and hold long term, make quick money), market sector interested in, and type of investment (Stocks, Mutual funds, ETFs).
  • The BOT will take the inputs and using GenAI capabilities will create a list of investment opportunities for the user.

I really like this idea! I’ve been interested in investing since I was a child, but it is a ton of work to do proper research. And… I don’t have the time right now! Great use of gen AI, too!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@J.Logan , What an innovative solution! It's sure to make life a lot easier for everyone involved :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Idea 1:

Challenge Statement :

Planning meals from breakfast to dinner every day can be challenging and time-consuming. It becomes more complex when you have to make different kinds of food for different age groups. For example, toddlers and babies need different food than adults, and elderly people have their own special dietary needs. The challenge is to come up with a meal plan that works for everyone, making sure they get all the nutrients they need while sticking to their dietary preferences.

Solution Statement:

Automation Anywhere, with the integration of ChatGPT, offers the ability to generate personalized meal plans for individuals of all ages, taking into account their dietary preferences.

Automation solution steps:

1. User needs to provide details in an excel file which includes the following details:

a. Whether a daily or weekly plan is needed

b. Any specified ingredients to include

c. Any ingredients to avoid

d. Vegetarian or non-vegetarian preferences

e. Dietary goals such as weight loss, muscle gain

f. The number of individuals the meal plan should accommodate

2. Write a clear prompt for chatGPT to generate a diet plan for each individual.

Example Prompt:

“Please provide an individual weekly diet plan with different recipes each day for the following individuals:

1 toddler

3 adults

2 elderly people

Please ensure the following specifications are met:

b. Ingredients - Any

c. Ingredients to avoid - Minimal oil usage

d. Vegetarian options included

e. Consider dietary goals such as weight loss, muscle gain, and strength “

3. Extract diet plan from GPT and Send that daily/weekly diet plan via email.

Idea 2:

Challenge Statement:

Budget-friendly traveling is a challenging task when visiting any particular place.

Solution Statement:

Automation Anywhere, with the integration of ChatGPT, explores the famous places to visit in a particular location, including accommodation options and renowned restaurants.

Automation solution steps:

1. User needs to provide details in an excel file which includes the following details:

a. Budget

b. Locations to visit

2. Write a clear prompt for chatGPT to generate a budget-friendly travelling plan.

Example Prompt:

“Please provide budget friendly plan, ensuring the following specifications are met:

1. Famous places to visit in that particular location
  2. Travelling plan (prefer Bus or train)
  3. Accommodation
  4. Food in famous restaurant”

3. Extract travel plan from GPT and Send that plan via email.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Santhi 2720 , Really impressed by your thoughtfulness in addressing such everyday challenges! Having small kids, it does get difficult at times! I'm definitely going to try out the first one. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Problem Statement:

I like investing in stocks and it becomes really difficult to keep track of on which date did I buy the number of stocks. I currently use old school method to note down Name of the Stock, Date, Rate, and number of Stocks. 

Solution Statement:

Automation Anywhere can help reduce this manual work and help me in keeping track of all this information timely and without errors. I will not have to worry about missing out any information to note down and happily enjoy investing.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Idea1 

Before applying for any job post, how can we ensure our resume aligns with an ATS system based on the JD? This way, I can gain an advantage in the initial application screening phase.

Challenge Statement: Nowadays, every organization utilizes AI-based Application Tracking Systems (ATS). The ATS system instantly reviews applications and filters them according to the Job Description (JD). How can take some advantage in the initial application screening phase?

Solution Statement: The AA360 Generative AI package helped me build an AI-powered ATS system.
          1) The bot will take the application in soft copy PDF format, using PDF package extract the data from application.
          2) JD details are required in PDF or text format (to be provided to the attendant bot).
          3) The bot will send application details and JD details to Google Gemini AI along with some prompt(JD match percentage, keywords missing, etc) text.
          4) Gemini will then reply with the JD match percentage and identify any keywords missing in our resume according to the JD.

Idea2 

Challenge Statement: It is difficult to remember all the important dates in our busy lives, including sending messages or emails to my friends, family members, and teammates on their special days.

Solution Statement: The AA360 Normal Task BOT helps me send messages to my loved ones.

The bot will read an Excel input file containing all the necessary details such as name, phone number, email, DOB, etc.

Based on the input data, the bot will send email/WhatsApp messages on their special days, such as birthday wishes or common occasions like New Year wishes.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Several times a week i find myself spending time downloading attachments from emails.  Saving the attachment in various repositories.  I also, discovered that many of my colleagues are doing the same work.

Challenge:

Build an automation to watch email for specific messages with attachments that need to be downloaded.  Process each email and automatically download the attachment and alert the user in their favorite messaging platform (text msg, teams, imessage etc). 

Solution: 

Build a bot that runs attended so that it can be shared by many users.  the Bot collects work by reading a local config file to identify the email details (sender, subject, etc). download location, and the acknowledgement preference.   Bot reads email and performs file download and sending message.  Bot should also log all activities and alert author when any execution issue occurs.  Bot can be triggered based on event or run adhoc manually based on user preference

Badge +1

Challenge Statement:

Consolidating all notifications into one app can help manage bill payments and stay on top of due dates, which can otherwise be challenging and lead to late fees and missed payments. Moreover, manually tracking and entering bill due dates into a calendar is time-consuming and prone to errors.

Solution Statement:

W can Implement a simple automation solution using Automation Anywhere A360:

1. Email Integration: Configure Automation Anywhere A360 to connect with your email inbox.Enable email reading capabilities to extract bill payment due dates and amounts from incoming emails.

2. Data Extraction: Develop a data extraction bot in Automation Anywhere A360 to scan incoming emails for bill payment notifications. Use AI-based data extraction tools to identify relevant information such as due dates, bill amounts, and payment instructions.

3. Calendar Integration: Integrate Automation Anywhere A360 with your preferred calendar application (e.g., Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar). Use calendar actions in A360 to automatically create reminders for bill payment due dates based on the extracted information from emails.

4. Reminder Configuration:Configure reminder settings within Automation Anywhere A360 to send notifications or alerts for upcoming bill payment due dates. Customize reminder frequency and delivery method (e.g., email, SMS) based on user preferences.

5. Notification Alerts: Set up notification alerts within Automation Anywhere A360 to send proactive alerts for overdue bills or missed payments. Provide options for users to take immediate action (e.g., making a payment) directly from the notification alerts.  Thanks