Solved

Bots Struck under "In-Progress"

• 29 December 2022
  • 37 replies

Badge +4

Hi Team,

I'm currently using the A360 community edition version.

I'm facing the below issue and I have tried my best to resolve it but couldn't. It would be great if you could help me resolve this issue as I have done a lot of work on my login and I'm finding it hard to execute the bots now. 

Issue Details:
  • I triggered a bot on 21st December 2022 which executed the code and gave the results that were expected, but the bot struck under "In-Progress" with the status "Pending Execution". Till today, the status remains the same and I couldn't execute that bot again. 
           My Action: I have created a new bot, copied the code from the old bot to the new one, and executed it. The new bot worked fine.
  • I triggered another bot on 28th December 2022 (i.e, yesterday) which executed the code and gave the results that were expected, but the bot struck under "In-Progress" with the status "Active". Till today, the status remains the same and I couldn't execute that bot again. 
           My Action: 
                             * Restarted the Automation Anywhere Bot Agent Services - Didn't help.
                             * Reconnected the local device - Didn't help.
                             * Re-Installed the Bot Agent and ran into this error while connecting to the device "System allows only a single device to be registered. If you need to replace your existing device you should delete it first."        

I really need this to get resolved to proceed with the POCs that I am doing right now. It would be great if you can help with this as soon as possible. 

Screenshots:

Thanks & Regards
Ankith
icon

Best answer by Padmakumar 29 December 2022, 12:45

View original

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Ankith K ,

Is your Runner device part of any Device pool? Sometime, this may happen when the device in the device pool is not available. In that case, bot execution will not be possible at any point unless the device gets free.

But in your case, it is strange that the full execution is happening and then it is going to the In-progress status and getting stuck there. 

Still, please check the below points once.

1)Assign a device to the device pool if none is available.

2)If there are more than one device do not set device with "default user"

3)Confirm the consumer for the device pool are defined.

Also, check the CR Audit log or the Node-manger, WebCR_Devices logs. 

If you are a customer or partner, I would recommend you logging a support ticket with AA on this for further clarification.

Badge +4

Hi @Padmakumar ,

Thanks for the response and detailed explanation.

We can apply the solution provided by in the Enterprise Edition, but as I mentioned in my post, I’m using the Community Edition.

Also, I tried to log the support ticket but unfortunately, I cannot access the APeople as it is restricted to customers & partners. I reached Automation Anywhere over the toll-free number and they asked me to post here.

Is there any other way I can raise the support ticket? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Ankith K 

Can you delete the device first from the CR → Devices section, uninstall bot agent and reinstall it. If this is not helping you let us know here.

If you are community user you cannot raise the support tickets.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Padmakumar ,

We can apply the solution provided by in the Enterprise Edition, but as I mentioned in my post, I’m using the Community Edition.

Also, I tried to log the support ticket but unfortunately, I cannot access the APeople as it is restricted to customers & partners. I reached Automation Anywhere over the toll-free number and they asked me to post here.

Oh sorry, I totally missed that point. If that’s the case, you can try resetting the runner device through API call. 

You can follow below step in Postman. Let me know if it worked.

Note: You need to authenticate first with your control room through Postman and should have an authorization key before starting this.

If you have further doubts to use Postman, please refer below link. 

Badge +4

Hi @Padmakumar ,

Oh sorry, I totally missed that point. If that’s the case, you can try resetting the runner device through API call. 

You can follow below step in Postman. Let me know if it worked.

Note: You need to authenticate first with your control room through Postman and should have an authorization key before starting this.

If you have further doubts to use Postman, please refer below link. 

@Padmakumar This gives me hope now. 

I have gone through the video that you have shared and installed Postman & Imported the A2019 collection into postman. 

The steps I followed are as below:

1. Have set the Global Variables for ControlRoomURL, CR_username & CR_password
  2. Ran the POST method with the endpoint {{ControlRoomURL}}v1/authentication as shown in the video and it generated the token.
  3. Then ran the endpoint provided by you along with the body i.e., {{ControlRoomURL}}v2/devices/reset and ran into below error.

I have added the below Key in the header section which was not pre-populated.

1. Assuming there might be an issue with the version i.e. v1 & v2, I have changed the authentication key endpoint version to v2 and ran it, but still getting the below error.

Sorry for asking too much, I’m not very good with the Postman.

Badge +4

Hi @Ankith K 

Can you delete the device first from the CR → Devices section, uninstall bot agent and reinstall it. If this is not helping you let us know here.

If you are community user you cannot raise the support tickets.

Hi @ChanduMohammad ,

Thanks for your response.

When I tried to delete the device, getting the below issue as there are executions still in progress.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Ankith K 

You need to pass the device id in the body and try again, it should resolve the issue. To get device id click on the device, check the URL

`https://community.cloud.automationanywhere.digital/#/devices/mydevices/1234/view

For my case its 1234, check for your device number and make a api call.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Ankith K  will you be able to login VDI  manually with user id and login into control room with the same id ?
After login into control room, will you be able to connect device locally ?
if not can you check auto login settings  username  domain\username and Password?
once bot connected in local, will you be able to verify device connectivity in control room ?

After Device connectivity issue resolved, move task into history by clicking below button

Badge +4

Thanks alot @Padmakumar & @ChanduMohammad, with your help I was able to figure out this.

The activity which was with the “Active” status disappeared and I was able to delete the device and register it again after I run the reset end point in the Postman. 

Thank you both again. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Thanks alot @Padmakumar & @ChanduMohammad, with your help I was able to figure out this.

The activity which was with the “Active” status disappeared and I was able to delete the device and register it again after I run the reset end point in the Postman. 

Thank you both again. 

Amazing @Ankith K 

Badge +2

Hi @Ankith K @ChanduMohammad ,  Can you please help me out with this. As I did all environment changes and kept the device also . but still getting the below error. Can you tell the detail process to overcome the issue

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Shabrez.G ,

1. Generate authentication token first, checkout below tutorial,
  1. In the reset device api call delete , in the body line number 3 and Click on Headers section, add X-Authorization and token as shown in the below screenshot for resolution.

Badge +2

Hi @ChanduMohammad , As you said i added the header and re checked it

Getting a new error, saying reset type is not set

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Can you click send on Authorization API, token will get refreshed and then try reset api

Badge +2

Nope @ChanduMohammad , Still it is getting same issue

Badge +2

If I run twice or thrice, I’m getting the new issue

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Remove the curly braises in the Device id body and send the request ex: “ids” : 1234

Badge +2

Still the same @ChanduMohammad , Sorry for distrubing you. I donno alot About API

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Still the same @ChanduMohammad , Sorry for distrubing you. I donno alot About API

No worries, can you click send button of Authorization api and then try resetting device api

Badge +2

Still, it has same issue

Badge +4

Change your body as below: 

{

"deviceIds": {

"ids" : [152495]

}

}

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Still, it has same issue