Zulu Platform x64 Architecture has stopped working

• 29 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I’ve got a very simple BOT I started testing with:

1. Excel Advanced Opens Excel file
  2. Excel Advanced Gets multiple cells and saves to data table

Each time it fails on step 2 saying “Zulu Platform x64 Architecture has stopped working”. There are 32,000 rows in the excel sheet. I’ve also tried just grabbing 5000 rows but same error.

I’ve done this before in other BOTs so I don’t know what the deal is here. Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Padmakumar 30 December 2022, 08:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@JMarino ,

Try to identify if you have some special characters in the data, i.e. “\”, “|”, or  single quote.

Regards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@JMarino Your bot device does not have enough RAM / CPU causing this issue.. during run time check the CPU/Memory stats in task manager that will give more picture utilization of 100% RAM or 100% CPU utilizing… Increase RAM size in VDI to resolve this issue…  Also please increase java heap memory .

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @JMarino 

Can you share your current Specs of your VM where you are running this bot?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @JMarino ,

Since you are dealing with such a huge Excel file here, I would suggest using either the Data Table or the Database packages to work with this sheet. The execution will be much faster, and I hope you will not face this error as well.

If you are using the Database package for the first time, few things have to be taken care first.

You need to have the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable driver in order to use the Excel as Database. You can download the driver from below link. (I would suggest downloading 32-bit version rather than 64-bit) 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

When connecting to the data source, use the Database Connect action and set the Connection mode to Default.

In the connection string field, use the following as a template (enter the full path of your xlsx file as the Data Source parameter)

Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source="full path to your xlsx file goes here";Extended Properties="Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES"

Once the connection has been established, use the various database package actions to interact with your data.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @JMarino 

VM Specs looks good, I'd recommend using Excel as a Database approach for this. Checkout below tutorial and try to give a try.

Note: Check whether you are using latest Database package, if not update it.