Solved

XLS to XLSX Conversion

• 23 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Masterminds,

I would appreciate if someone can help me with a most effective/simple way to convert an XLS file to XLSX. I am currently working on a project where I need to download a lot of XLS files from Oracle and later, have to work on it. The problem I am facing is, as soon as this downloaded file opens, I am getting the below warning on Excel and I am able to work if I press YES. But, I can’t do this every time neither via BOT as I am thinking it would be best to convert this file to XLSX right away after downloading it. By doing this, I can avoid this warning message as well.

I know there is a File conversion package available on Bot store but there is no option on it for this requirement.

Thanks in advance. 😀

icon

Best answer by Padmakumar 23 December 2022, 09:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @agatha.christy ,

First of all, you can easily achieve this by using any of the inline script like Python or Java.

I had this exact same requirement on one of my projects and I used VBScript for the conversion. You can either use an existing VBScript file or can put the script directly in AA and execute the same.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Padmakumar ,

Perfect. In fact, I was planning to use any of the script for same as well. But I am confused which one to try with. If you don’t mind, could you please share the VB Script which you used for the conversion?

Thanks in Advance.😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Padmakumar ,

Perfect. In fact, I was planning to use any of the script for same as well. But I am confused which one to try with. If you don’t mind, could you please share the VB Script which you used for the conversion?

Thanks in Advance.😀

Please find the below script where I passed the file path (ToBeConverted) as parameter to the script. 

In the Run function, I specified as shown below. 

Hope this will help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Padmakumar ,

Thanks a lot for your support. It is working well and saving a lot of my effort and time now. 

😀