Select an option from a drop down menu.

Badge +2

I need to select the option from the list

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@rahulbattini  

Badge +2

Can you please elaborate the solution? I have to select an option from the drop down list  that gets dispalyed after a click on the property panel of the desktop application that I am trying to automate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @rahulbattini ,

You can use the Recorder → Capture action for the same and utilize either the Select item by Index by mentioning the Item index number or the Select Item by Name option by mentioning the Item name.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi ,

Follow the below steps:

step 1 -- Drag an drop capture action command (Recorder Package)

Step 2 -- Capture the dropdown object

Step 3 -- Depending on use case select the appropriate action to take on the object from the dropdown.

To select the specific item from the dropdown list try using (Select using text) and provide the text value in a variable.

Thanks

Happy Automation.

Badge +2
This is the drop down list that i have to select an option from.
I have added a variable  with the option value  that i have to select from the list and also specified  the “select item by text” option. but the bot is not able to select the required option from  the drop down.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
This is the drop down list that i have to select an option from.
I have added a variable  with the option value  that i have to select from the list and also specified  the “select item by text” option. but the bot is not able to select the required option from  the drop down.

Try after changing the Object Capturing Technology within the Capture action.

Badge +2

It is a desktop application. What Capturing technology is suitable for that?

Badge +2

I tried doing it with different Captures but it doesn’t work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I tried doing it with different Captures but it doesn’t work.

Which one from the Application’s Drop-down you are trying to select?

Badge +2

I need to click on the “Structure” option from the property panel and  have to select on the “Add Section” option from the window displayed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I need to click on the “Structure” option from the property panel and  have to select on the “Add Section” option from the window displayed. 

Ok. Have you tried with the Index number of it (Select Item by Index)?

Badge +2

Yes, I did. Didn’t work either.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Can you try to record the steps and give it a try with the auto generated code @rahulbattini ?

Note: 1)Start the recording.2)Click on the drop down and select the dersired text from dropdown and stop the recording. 3)Try running the the autogenrated code. 

This should work :) 

Thanks

Shoeb