Solved

Opening v11 code

Badge +2

Hi All, just want to check if it’s possible to open v11 code in a360? We migrated from the v11 to a360 last year and i need to revisit a v11 code to double check its functionality. The migrated a360 bot has so many line of codes due to migration tool which make it very difficult to read. Hope that someone can help. Thank you

icon

Best answer by Padmakumar 6 February 2023, 08:16

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@joyner

here is the path in A360 Dev server for A11.3 code

Badge +2

Thanks for the quick response, I still have the ATMX files but I’m unable to open it and read the old code, is there a way to open it in A360 or do I really need v11 control room to open it?

@joyner

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@joyner  you have yo have 11.3 AAclient inorder to see the code in readable format... otherway is convert atmx file to xml format and see the commands..

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @joyner 

To view the AA11x code you need to AA11x environment i.e AA 11x Client connected to respective CR

Badge +2

Hi All,

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately our V11 Control room has been decommissioned when we migrated to A360, so this option is no longer available. Anyway, thank you all for your help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Welcome @joyner 

Anyways Check with AA once by placing a support case for any alternates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks for the quick response, I still have the ATMX files but I’m unable to open it and read the old code, is there a way to open it in A360 or do I really need v11 control room to open it?

@joyner

Hi @joyner ,

Have you tried with the Bot Migration package?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@joyner

Hi @joyner ,

Hey @Padmakumar 

He tried it, checkout his description

«  The migrated a360 bot has so many line of codes due to migration tool which make it very difficult to read. » 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@joyner

Hi @joyner ,

Hey @Padmakumar 

«  The migrated a360 bot has so many line of codes due to migration tool which make it very difficult to read. » 

No. He was referring to the Migration wizard and not the Migration package. Even though the Migration package will not migrate dependencies and other entities such as credential variables, AAApplicationPath system variable, and global values that are required to run the migrated bot, he can at least try and see the Bot functionality once it’s got migrated.

Badge +2

@joyner

Hi @joyner ,

Hey @Padmakumar 

No. He was referring to the Migration wizard and not the Migration package. Even though the Migration package will not migrate dependencies and other entities such as credential variables, AAApplicationPath system variable, and global values that are required to run the migrated bot, he can at least try and see the Bot functionality once it’s got migrated.

Hi Padkumar,

This is the migration tool that we use, I’m not sure if this is different from the one that you referring. Can you please confirm. Thanks!

**edit**

We select the Administration tab and then click the migration wizard it think. Is it different from the one that you referring to?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@joyner

Hi @joyner ,

Hey @Padmakumar 

Hi Padkumar,

This is the migration tool that we use, I’m not sure if this is different from the one that you referring. Can you please confirm. Thanks!

Yes. I am referring to an A360 action package called Bot Migration and not the Migration tool.

Badge +2

@joyner

Hi @joyner ,

Hey @Padmakumar 

Hi Padkumar,

Yes. I am referring to an A360 action package called Bot Migration and not the Migration tool.

Thank you for your confirmation. Can you point me in the right direction as I’m unable to locate that package in our control room?

**Edit**

Thanks, I already located the package it is in my development environment and not in production. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@joyner

Hi @joyner ,

Hey @Padmakumar 

Hi Padkumar,

Thank you for your confirmation. Can you point me in the right direction as I’m unable to locate that package in our control room?

**Edit**

Thanks, I already located the package it is in my development environment and not in production. 

Are the environments on different builds? If not, you should see it on both.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@joyner

Hi @joyner ,

Hey @Padmakumar 

Agreed

Badge +2

@Padmakumar Thanks for the help, the package migrate legacy bot is much cleaner compared to the migration wizard! This is a big help for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Padmakumar Thanks for the help, the package migrate legacy bot is much cleaner compared to the migration wizard! This is a big help for me.

Most welcome.