Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I have a question that has been bothering me, and I'm seeking some insights from the experienced members of this community. I use a Windows 10 Pro laptop, and I've been exploring the possibilities of automating some of my tasks using AutomationAnywhere.

One concern that has been lingering in my mind is whether it's safe to automate sensitive tasks on my Windows 10 Pro laptop. These tasks might involve accessing personal information, financial data, or confidential files. While automation can save time and effort, I want to ensure that my data remains secure throughout the process.

I'd appreciate it if anyone with experience or knowledge on this matter could shed some light on the following:

What are the security features and considerations within AutomationAnywhere when handling sensitive data on a Windows 10 Pro laptop?

Are there any additional security measures I should take to protect my data while using automation software?

Has anyone encountered security issues while automating sensitive tasks on a Windows 10 Pro system? If so, how were they resolved?

Are there specific tasks or scenarios that you would advise against automating on a Windows 10 Pro laptop due to security reasons?

Are there any best practices or guidelines that can help ensure data security when using AutomationAnywhere on Windows 10 Pro?

Please feel free to share your experiences, tips, or any relevant information that can help me make an informed decision. Security is of utmost importance to me, and I want to ensure that I'm taking the necessary precautions before proceeding with automation.

Thank you all in advance for your valuable input and guidance!

Best regards,

Sara Morris

Hello @sarajmorrie  I dont think any difference in using Windows 10 Pro compared to Windows 10 Enterprise or Server OS interms of security from Automation Anywhere standpoint. I assume you are using the Control Room which is setup with HTTPS/TLS where the data in transit is through secured channel between Control Room and Bot agent.  Please refer to the following article to understand the security aspects from Automation Anywhere standpoint. And I dont foresee any security challenges from an operating system standpoint as well. If you dont want to have the screen visible during the unattended bot eecution, you may use VM or VDIs as Bot Runner machines. 

You may also consider leveraging the secure recording feature - Secure recording (automationanywhere.com)