Question

Insufficient privileges to connexion database

• 3 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing an issue with the robot I am developing on Automation Anywhere v11. The robot is designed to use files properties to retrieve all the necessary parameters for its tasks. However, I am encountering privilege-related problems when attempting to establish a connection to the database through the robot.

The peculiar aspect is that I have manually tested the database connection using the same credentials and it succeeds without any issue. Additionally, I've tried other robots on the same VM, and they are able to connect to the database without any problem.

I have thoroughly reviewed the code and confirmed that the credentials used in the robot match those used in the manual connection test. Despite that, the robot is unable to establish the database connection.

does anyone have any idea how to find the source of this problem? 

I would be immensely grateful.

Thank you very much for your consideration and I look forward to your guidance.

Best regards,

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello @Hazem.malek 

Thank you for sharing your question.

I would recommend that you submit a formal support ticket so of our support members can assist you with this.

To submit a support ticket, visit the Support Portal. (LINK)

If you are unable to access this page, please reach out to your account representative for troubleshooting assistance.

Rima Sengupta

Pathfinder Community Team 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Hazem.malek try to use global variables for the db prooerties and check... i guess there might be ANSI or UTF8 issue.