Solved

How do you delete specific version of packages?

• 17 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

We are running a testing A360 CR server + IQ Bot server and we are trying to delete(using AAE_Admin user) certain “old” version packages from the “Packages” section from Control Room, but we are unable to do so, e.g. , notice how the “Delete” option is not there, even though this package version is disabled… (this package is NOT being used by any bot….)

icon

Best answer by Raul Jaimes 18 January 2023, 17:33

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Andoni 

Checkout below documentation on deleting a package from CR, user should have Manage package permission to complete this activity

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/aae-client/bot-creator/using-the-workbench/cloud-package-management.html

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @ChanduMohammad , I have read that prior to posting my question here. Notice that in my post I remark that I’m using AAE_Admin user, which inherently has Manage package permissions

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Andoni  remove required package from here 

Drive:\ProgramData\Server Files\public\package

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@rbkadiyam, is it safe to do so?? Also, some packages are “duplicated”, i.e.:

C:\ProgramData\AutomationAnywhere\Server Files\public\package\bot-command-iqbot-extraction360-1.0.9-20221223-075522.jar

C:\ProgramData\AutomationAnywhere\Server Files\public\package\full-packages\bot-command-iqbot-extraction360-1.0.9-20221223-075522.jar

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@rbkadiyam, is it safe to do so?? Also, some packages are “duplicated”, i.e.:

C:\ProgramData\AutomationAnywhere\Server Files\public\package\bot-command-iqbot-extraction360-1.0.9-20221223-075522.jar

C:\ProgramData\AutomationAnywhere\Server Files\public\package\full-packages\bot-command-iqbot-extraction360-1.0.9-20221223-075522.jar

It isn’t safe. The packages will preserve references in the database.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Andoni 

The documentation shows an option to delete packages but i’ve checked in a twice of control rooms (on prem and cloud) and isn’t available.

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/control-room/packages/cloud-manage-control-room-packages.html

Probably is necessary to  create a support ticket to clarify.

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Andoni check the dbo.package if there is no dependency you can delete from the folder, This is how I am maintaining my environments clean rather than huge packages list and different developers using different packages.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@rbkadiyam I’m looking at the dbo.package table and by looking into it can’t determine whether there is any dependency or not (which column do you look at to determine this????)

@Raul Jaimes thanks for the valuable information! I agree 100%. It is stupid (and unacceptable) not to be able to delete packages that occupy several GB in the disk….I am raising a ticket right now

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@Raul Jaimes FYI, I opened ticket to AA in regards to this, their response:

Hi Andoni,

Hope you are doing well!

This is xxx from Automation Anywhere; I have been added as next-level engineer to this case and will be assisting you further. I reviewed the case and understand that you want to delete the older packages available in the Control Room.

Currently, the option to delete any system packages is not available and is already in the roadmap of the product. As of now, we do not have the timeline/ETA on when this would be implemented. We will keep you posted.

Thank you in advance. Have a Good Day!