Skip to main content
Question

Hello All, I wanted to know how to automate SAP Business client 7.70. I am using v11 and not able to use object cloning and SAP Gui command as well. Please help me to solve this. Thankyou for you help

• 11 February 2022
  • 15 replies

Hello All, I wanted to know how to automate SAP Business client 7.70. I am using v11 and not able to use object cloning and SAP Gui command as well. Please help me to solve this. Thankyou for you help

15 replies

Badge +2

Hi Chandu Mohan,

This videos are all helpful for SAP Log Application and i can help with that but I am having troubles to automate SAP Business Client 7.70

There when i am trying use SAP GUI command, window is only not showing to select in Select window tittle even if application is open.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Aditi Nikhade​ ,

Checkout below tutorials using SAP Metabot, Scripting options for your automation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlzD0gvegF4/p>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eikh6apDmF0/p>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5xVxXQxSb0/p>

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@Aditi Nikhade​ SAP Business Client is web version i guess you can use Recorder.

Badge +2

No its a desktop Application only. I am able to record the scripts through recorder.

But not able read the application through any of the AA commands like object cloning , SAP GUI. Even I tried with all the technology available in object cloning.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Aditi Nikhade​ ,

Have you tried using Metabots?

Could you try importing the DLL and use the Logic to automate SAP?

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Badge +6

Hi @Aditi Nikhade​ 

I had similar problems albeit with SAP 760 and Automation 360. The recorder was not able to detect most of the SAP Gui Objects. I decided to use SAP scripts which I call from Automation Anywhere with parameters to get the job done.

Regards,

Nordine

Badge +6

Sorry to hear that. There is also no mentioning of SAP 7.70 on the supported actions page for A 360 (https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/aae-client/bot-creator/commands/actions-supported-in-sap-versions.html which doesn't look very promising.

Badge +2
Hi Nordine, Thank you for your response. I am also able to do so but its not very reliable to do so.

I have raised Support ticket with Automation Anywhere But still its been 2 weeks no one came to help and solve the ticket.
Badge +1

Did you get a reply from AA about this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Aditi Nikhade​,

Existing SAP Package is Tested and Certified to work with SAP GUI 760 Patch 5.

SAP Package : Compatibility with SAP GUI 7.70 is marked as an enhancement and will be available in future release.

I also have the same problem. Automation anywhere 360 connect command is not able to recognize the SAP business client 7.70. @Aditi Nikhade​ : Were you able to find a way to connect to SAP through business client 7.70?

@Sagar Ahir​ :SAP business client is desktop software and it uses the SAP GUI in the background to connect to SAP.

Badge +2

@Srikanta Kumar Panda​ : Hi Srikant,

I have used vb script to automate that and mix of Keystrokes and object cloning.

Automation Anywhere Support team confirmed that AA v11 or A360 both of them are still not compatible to automate SAP Business client. Maybe they will add some patch later to make that compatible.

Badge +1

We have just complete an automation on SAP Business Client 7.70 using SAP GUI for Windows. Just ensure GUI scripting is enabled and that Notify when a script attaches to SAP GUI and Notify when a script opens a connection is disabled on your settings. We also had a struggle to get it to work initially. Just don't use the SAP Business Client 7.70 to logon, use the SAP GUI for Windows during your logon.

Thanks @Aditi Nikhade​ ​

@Bianca Gonzales​  Interesting.. Let me try this method. So once we login using GUI we need to use the same window for automation or can we switch to business client session?