Solved

Do I have to use IMAP protocol to make a bot to reply emails?

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I use pop3 but it gives this error:There was an error in sending the email message. Please check your connection details provided and try again. 

icon

Best answer by Andoni 24 July 2023, 17:25

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I use pop3 but it gives this error:There was an error in sending the email message. Please check your connection details provided and try again. 

You don’t use IMAP nor POP3 to send emails. You use SMTP

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@Andoni  why dont I use pop3 or imap?

I use pop3 to send emails, that works. I just couldnt make the bot reply to emails..

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Andoni  why dont I use pop3 or imap?

I use pop3 to send emails, that works. I just couldnt make the bot reply to emails..

I highly doubt it. POP3 is not a protocol to send emails but to retrieve emails (and quite an old one). To send emails SMTP is used

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I am so sorry I was confused @Andoni 

I just try to reply email with a bot.

Email connection can be with pop3 or imap

i connect it with pop3, but i couldnt use Email:reply

to use Email:reply action , do i have to use imap, or it can be done with pop3?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I am so sorry I was confused @Andoni 

I just try to reply email with a bot.

Email connection can be with pop3 or imap

i connect it with pop3, but i couldnt use Email:reply

to use Email:reply action , do i have to use imap, or it can be done with pop3?

No worries! Basically this:

You must specify your email smtp server host, port and also if smtp host uses secure connection and any basic authentication if needed. Hope it helps

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Thanks, I did exactly the same but somehow it gave me the error which i implied in my question details.

Then i thought if i cant do email:reply by connection:Email with pop3.

I dont know what i might do wrong.

Thanks for your replies tho

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

As I searcged i have to use Email:Loop to reply emails, thats why i connect email first, then do a loop there

But it doesnt reply, just gives error

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

How about a screenshot of your step, like Andoni did. You mention you did “the exact same thing” but haven’t said if this is a GMail account or other, if it ever worked, etc. We need more information to assist.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@J.Logan Hi, thanks for the reply. I figured out that i was using wrong host and port informations in email:Reply action, i corrected them and it got worked

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@J.Logan Hi, thanks for the reply. I figured out that i was using wrong host and port informations in email:Reply action, i corrected them and it got worked

Glad to hear this, good work!

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

thank you @Andoni