Solved

Connection between SAP and AA 360

• 14 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello everyone,

Is there any option to connect SAP with AA 360 if SAP is not installed on the same device as AA 360?

The problem is that now AA 360 is installed on one device and we go to the SAP system through virtual machine which is installed on other device.

Best Regards,

Teodora

icon

Best answer by Zaibi 14 December 2022, 23:24

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @tdimitrova 

You need to have SAP installed in Bot Creator/Runner machine for connecting via A360 SAP package.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Dear @tdimitrova,

Yes, it is possible to connect Automation Anywhere 360 with SAP even if SAP is not installed on the same device. There are a few different ways you could do this, depending on your specific setup. For example, you could use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to connect the two devices and allow Automation Anywhere 360 to access SAP remotely. Alternatively, you could use a remote desktop software like TeamViewer to access the SAP system from the device where Automation Anywhere 360 is installed. These are just a few examples, and the exact solution will depend on your specific situation.

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello Zaibi,

could you send me the examples with what action in SAP package is possible to do this and how should it be set upped?

Regards,

Teodora

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Dear @tdimitrova,

Using Automation Anywhere, you can use the SAP integration capabilities of the software to connect to and interact with SAP systems. Automation Anywhere provides a set of SAP-specific commands and activities that you can use to automate various tasks and processes in SAP, such as running queries, accessing data, and performing actions.

To set up the connection between Automation Anywhere and SAP, you will need to follow these steps:

1. In Automation Anywhere, open the SAP connection manager and create a new SAP connection.

2. In the SAP connection manager, specify the connection details for your SAP system, such as the hostname and port number, as well as any authentication details or other settings that are required.

3. Once the SAP connection has been configured, you can use Automation Anywhere's SAP commands and activities to interact with the SAP system. For example, you can use the "Execute SAP Query" command to run a query in SAP and return the results, or use the "SAP Function" activity to call a specific SAP function and perform an action.

By using Automation Anywhere's SAP integration capabilities, you can automate various tasks and processes in SAP, and take advantage of the functionality of that system in your automation workflows.

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Dear @Zaibi ,

now I am using Recorder action to click and navigate to the SAP icon (program) which is on different device. But after clicking on the SAP icon is not possible to using Recorder action for further actions. I guess this happens because Recorder package is only to record web applications and pages.

I though that is not possible to use SAP connect action if SAP system is not installed on the same device as Automation Anywhere, but now I will enter  a valid authentication details and try to connect it.

Thank you and let you know if it was successful !

Regards,

Teodora

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @tdimitrova ,

You can leverage Universal Recorder feature through which, do whatever actions you need to perform by the BOT on SAP client and it will be recorded simultaneously. Or you can the SAP BAPI package to work with the SAP application. 

I hope the SAP client is available on the runner machine and if so, it will be definitely possible to automate. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Dear @Zaibi ,

now I am using Recorder action to click and navigate to the SAP icon (program) which is on different device. But after clicking on the SAP icon is not possible to using Recorder action for further actions. I guess this happens because Recorder package is only to record web applications and pages.

I though that is not possible to use SAP connect action if SAP system is not installed on the same device as Automation Anywhere, but now I will enter  a valid authentication details and try to connect it.

Thank you and let you know if it was successful !

Regards,

Teodora

Dear @tdimitrova,

It sounds like you are trying to use Automation Anywhere to automate actions on a SAP program that is running on a different device. Automation Anywhere is a software tool that allows users to automate repetitive tasks, including tasks on web applications and pages. However, it is not designed to automate actions on programs running on other devices. In order to automate actions on a SAP program, the program must be installed on the same device as Automation Anywhere.

If you have the SAP program installed on the same device as Automation Anywhere, you can use the SAP connect action to connect to the SAP program and automate actions on it. To do this, you will need to provide a valid set of authentication details, such as a username and password, in order to access the SAP program. Once you are connected, you can use Automation Anywhere's recorder and other actions to automate actions on the SAP program.

It is worth noting that Automation Anywhere does not support every program and application, and it may not be possible to automate actions on some programs. In these cases, you may need to use a different tool or approach to automate the actions you need.

Regards,