Question

ChatGPT error or GPT-3 error

• 17 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Error Message : OpenAI failed to process the request.  Error: HTTP 429 
Today completely getting this response while using ChatGPT or GPT-3….. is there any issue with OpenAI or others are also facing the same?…. Got this error 90% while running the bot.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

You have exceeded the API rate limit. If you check the usage of the account from https://platform.openai.com/account/usage you’ll see limit is full. You need to make another account and generate API keys there.

Badge +1

Ohh ok got it yeahh i was figuring it out and by the time an email came from OpenAI stating the same… Thanks for providing a solution!!

Badge +1

Tried changing the API key using different account but still getting the same error for GPT-3..

Any other suggestions or what could be the reason for it.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Check usage for this account as well to verify its expiry. 

Badge

Error Message : OpenAI failed to process the request.  Error: HTTP 429 
Today completely getting this response while using ChatGPT or GPT-3….. is there any issue with OpenAI or others are also facing the same?…. Got this error 90% while running the bot.

When encountering an error with ChatGPT or GPT-3, follow these steps:

1. Read the error message: Understand the details of the error provided.

2. Check the documentation: Refer to OpenAI's documentation for guidance on troubleshooting the specific error.

3. Verify inputs: Ensure correct input formats, data types, and configurations.

4. Consider rate limits and quota: Confirm you're within allowed usage limits.

5. Seek community help: Ask for assistance on forums or OpenAI's support channels, providing relevant details about the error.

Remember that debugging errors requires careful investigation and may involve seeking guidance from experienced developers or OpenAI's support team.

Badge

Hi, I'm having this same problem. The API key I'm using is from an account that still has credits.