Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble using the Web Recorder tool to extract data because the page title keeps changing dynamically, making it impossible to extract the information. For example, I want to automate a HubSpot engagement process, but every time I open a link, the page title appears with the customer's name. I cannot use the wildcard (*) because there are other pages open at the moment.

Can anyone help me with a solution to this issue?

Thank you.

Hi @yuyo73 ,

Did you try to include an “*” in the window title?

Maybe some part of the title changes, but some other remains the same.

Let me know if you tried it!

D

Thank you, Daiana, for the quick response. Yes, I have tried using (*) but at runtime, I have a couple of windows open...

Hi @yuyo73 ,

can you provide me some sample sample/example window titles which are getting changed every time and the window titles which are already opened or will be opened?

This data is just to check a unique way to place the wildcard (*). so  that BOT detects the required webpage uniquely.

Thanks,

Sai Teja Gayala

Hu Yuyo,

The pages which opens with customer’s name in the title, is there any additional information/character in the title page like ‘hubspot’, ‘-’ which is common in all the pages?

Alternatively, you can try to automate hubSpot engagement process by manipulating DomX path of different customer links and ‘Get property’ action.