Question

Unable to capture Particular object

• 20 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I am using Community edition and previously captured a specific portion of a website using the Object (auto-detect) feature, with the technology type set to HTML. However, when I attempt to capture the same portion again using the same technology, it now captures the entire box instead of just the specific portion. Why is this happening? Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Earlier i was able to capture the particular text as shown in the image

Now When i am capturing whole box is getting captured and not the particular text in the box

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Raajesh Sharma ,

Follow bellow steps: 

1. Check your device resolution is 1920 x 1080 and scaling 100 %
  2. Try with deferent recorder in Automation Anywhere

Personally my suggestion : Create your own relative domxpath. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

In this case it appears different account in (LinkedIn?) the application have slightly different layouts, and so the DOMXPath changes when another user is selected. Have to do some investigation to find a way to identify the correct DOMXPath for all the different types of accounts. Even then it might fail when you get to one account that hasn’t been tested.

Badge +1

In this case it appears different account in (LinkedIn?) the application have slightly different layouts, and so the DOMXPath changes when another user is selected. Have to do some investigation to find a way to identify the correct DOMXPath for all the different types of accounts. Even then it might fail when you get to one account that hasn’t been tested.

Hi Jon

if i check for same account also it is happening the same way .

Earlier when i captured email id for this person it captured easily 

Now whole box is capturing and not the emailid individually

Previously, my bot functioned effectively, successfully capturing email IDs. I made adjustments to the DOMXPath to ensure seamless operation for a variety of email IDs. However, recently, the bot ceased functioning. Upon attempting to recapture the email ID, I encountered difficulty as the entire box was being captured instead of the specific email ID.

Badge +1

Hello @Raajesh Sharma ,

Follow bellow steps: 

1. Check your device resolution is 1920 x 1080 and scaling 100 %
  2. Try with deferent recorder in Automation Anywhere

Personally my suggestion : Create your own relative domxpath. 

Hi Ganesh

Screen Resolution is correct and scaling is also 100%. I tried with different recorder technology but in that case it is not providing me Get Property as i need to fetch the emailid

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Please contact support@automationanywhere.com to assist. It might be that your Bot is attempting to capture, but the screen hasn’t finished redrawing, or rendering the page. A Wait Until Object might help here.