Solved

Regex in Windows

Badge +4

I have to work with windows whose titles are varying. I know I have to use Regex functions. But unable to get it. Can someone help me please.

icon

Best answer by Padmakumar 24 May 2023, 10:10

View original

15 replies

Badge +3

You can use the Regular Expression Tools Package

Badge +4

You can use the Regular Expression Tools Package

Can’t we do without getting the package. because, in the variable, it directly asks for Regex right?

Badge +3

The “Find” action of the String package also accepts RegEx.

Badge +4

I wanted to do it for windows

Badge +3

I wanted to do it for windows

Can’t you capture the title with recording?

Badge +4

I have to perform same action in different windows in a loop. Here the windows title is varying. And also I cannot use * as wild card beacuse there is no common thing in the title of the window. So I have to use regex

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

HI @SaiRahul02 ,

Why don’t you follow the below approach?

•  Use Currently Active Window and then capture the object.
  •  In case if user wants to run this task in unattended mode and other applications are also open with the current application then we need to use below approach:

Try to activate the currently active window where you need to perform the functions using Windows Actions → Activate Window command and build the code accordingly.​

Badge +4

HI @SaiRahul02 ,

•  In case if user wants to run this task in unattended mode and other applications are also open with the current application then we need to use below approach:

Try to activate the currently active window where you need to perform the functions using Windows Actions → Activate Window command and build the code accordingly.​

Even for activating window, we need to give the title of the window right ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

HI @SaiRahul02 ,

Not actually. You can either mention the Window name or can use the Currently Active option.

Badge +4

HI @SaiRahul02 ,

Not obviously. You can either mention the Window name or can use the Currently Active option.

can’t get it

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

HI @SaiRahul02 ,

Not obviously. You can either mention the Window name or can use the Currently Active option.

can’t get it

Badge +4

HI @SaiRahul02 ,

can’t get it

Thank you so much. Will try. And also, when I use ‘Go back’ action for a window in chrome, it is saying that browser is not supported. Why so ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

HI @SaiRahul02 ,

can’t get it

Thank you so much. Will try. And also, when I use ‘Go back’ action for a window in chrome, it is saying that browser is not supported. Why so ? 

From where are you getting this Go back option? Is it from the portal?

Badge +4

HI @SaiRahul02 ,

can’t get it

I’m talking about separate action ‘Go back’ in windows action items.

Badge +4

HI @SaiRahul02 ,

can’t get it

I’m talking about separate action ‘Go back’ in windows action items.

In Browser Actions, not in window actions