Question

Hi, I am completing the Course Automation 360 RPA Essentials Student Prep. In module of Creating a bot (16 of 25 ) show error but the assistant does not show any error. No clue about the error. What to do to fix it? Thx

• 19 March 2022
  • 3 replies

3 replies

Check if Excel session name you opened in line 7. is "Default". Session "Default" is expected at line 8.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Camilo Herrera​ ,

When using the Excel Action Package, you have to define a Session which can either be a string, or a local variable or even a global variable.

This session is what the bot uses to distinguish between various Excel files that are opened simultaneously.

Sure, you might not be operating with multiple excel files at the moment, but the session is designed to that the bot won't run into any issues in those situations.

You have to ensure that the session you have provided in the Open Action matches with every other Excel Action that is supposed to work with say, Excel File 1.

Once you resolve that, the bot won't run into anymore issues.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Badge +1

Hi @Camilo Herrera​ ,

When using the Excel Action Package, you have to define a Session which can either be a string, or a local variable or even a global variable.

This session is what the bot uses to distinguish between various Excel files that are opened simultaneously.

Sure, you might not be operating with multiple excel files at the moment, but the session is designed to that the bot won't run into any issues in those situations.

You have to ensure that the session you have provided in the Open Action matches with every other Excel Action that is supposed to work with say, Excel File 1.

Once you resolve that, the bot won't run into anymore issues.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

I do have each every session name excatly same but then also I am getting similar error. What to do next ?

I have checked there are extra spaces.