Solved

WLM: Unknown work item

• 7 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello everyone,

Currently, we are facing with a critical issue when using Workload Management. There is 1 queue and queue’s item will be deployed to a Device pool (that includes 5 Devices). Sometimes, the work item was deployed to 1 device, but there are no automation was executed on device. You can see our queue:

The item 1174 was deploy to Device 4579, but bot did not run on Device 4579. And after 1 minutes, other item (id 1175) was deploy to Device 4579, and this time, it was successful.

So could you please help me troubleshooting this issue?

icon

Best answer by Sajith Sudhakaran 10 August 2023, 12:54

View original

6 replies

Badge +6

Hello @duongbr , Please review the Control Room Audit logs for the timeframe when the issue occurred. You may also analyze the Nodemanager and Botlauncher logs from that Bot agent device. Default log location is C:\ProgramData\AutomationAnywhere\BotRunner\Logs

Badge +1

Hello @duongbr , Please review the Control Room Audit logs for the timeframe when the issue occurred. You may also analyze the Nodemanager and Botlauncher logs from that Bot agent device. Default log location is C:\ProgramData\AutomationAnywhere\BotRunner\Logs

Hi @Sajith Sudhakaran ,

I have not seen any log files in this folder except “ProxyConfigUtil.log” and this file was created long time ago. But when I got the information of UNKNOW Work item by API, I saw error: "Marked UNKNOWN as no status received from runAsUser 5855" as below:

So I think Control Room was failed to connect device and I don’t know why.

Badge +6

Hello @duongbr , Please review the Control Room Audit logs for the timeframe when the issue occurred. You may also analyze the Nodemanager and Botlauncher logs from that Bot agent device. Default log location is C:\ProgramData\AutomationAnywhere\BotRunner\Logs

Hi @Sajith Sudhakaran ,

I have not seen any log files in this folder except “ProxyConfigUtil.log” and this file was created long time ago. But when I got the information of UNKNOW Work item by API, I saw error: "Marked UNKNOWN as no status received from runAsUser 5855" as below:

So I think Control Room was failed to connect device and I don’t know why.

Hello @duongbr  There seems to be some issue with the Bot agent machine if the logs are not getting generated. (Nodemanager and Botlauncher). I would suggest to restart the ‘Automatoin Anywhere Bot agent’ windows service or reinstall the Botagent if service restart doesnt help. 

Badge +3

Hi -what is the reactivation threshold for queue? it should be 1. you can check in queue settings .

Thanks,

Aravindh S

aravindhkumar002@gmail.com

+91-9655314484

Badge +1

Hi @Sajith Sudhakaran , the UNKNOWN work item is unpredictable, and the next work item after the UNKNOWN is success (status = COMPLETED), I have tried to restart Virtual machine every day, but this issue still occurs.

Badge +1

Hi @Aravindh483 ,

This is the queue’s configuration, the Reactivation Threshold is 1