Question

Windows 11 systems cannot perform excel as expected

Badge +3

[Environment Information]
CR: Community
Bot agent: 21.222

Window Version: Window 11 pro

[Problems]

In my device's environment, I couldn't use the action 'open' in Excel advanced package(in Version 6.8.0 or 6.10.4), but could only open the Excel basic package rather than Excel advanced. (Proceed every time will get the error message.)

Error Message 

Nevertheless, try in another device which in  Excel  advaced version 6.10.4, can open both of packages normally(Basic & Advaced).

Two devices are both Wins 11, why was that? 

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Asgard Data Team ,

The Excel Basic package is using the MS Excel online to execute the operation hence it is not facing any issue. But the Excel Advanced package is using the Excel pack installed on your PC.

Could you please confirm whether you are facing the same issue while working with Excel files (without involving A360) or not?

Also, please confirm which Antivirus you are using?

Badge +3

Hi @Padmakumar ,

Thanks for your sincerely reply, my problem is that I can't perform excel advanced's open action on a specific device, and running all scripts on that device will face the same issue. The antivirus software of the desktop machine that cannot be executed has yet to be confirmed. What can be determined is that other actions of the script, such as messagebox, can be executed as expected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Asgard Data Team ,

What exactly I want to know is that, whether the issue is happening when you are generally working with the Excel file or not. 

There is a known issue with MS Office and Windows 11 where some users were reported below error. Which actually was causing by the McAfee.

Badge +3

hi  @Padmakumar 

Seems was the same problem as the others face before. Ok thanks, we will confirm the compatibility of the system and the antivirus software.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Asgard Data Team 

Does the machine has excel in it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Asgard Data Team ,

Please check the CR and Bot Agent compatibility. (I think, A360.26 supports the Windows 11).

Note :  CR and Bot Agent compatibility is correct but not working,please check MS Office repair option that might help here to fix this.

Thanks!

Badge +3

Hi@Tamil Arasu10 ,

Thanks for that, but we use the community, and out bot agent version is 21.222.

Badge +3

​​​​​Hi​​@ChanduMohammad ,

yes, we’ve.

Badge +3

Hi@Padmakumar,

The antivirus software we use was KASPERSKY, and we’ve tried to fix the problem in MS Office repair option(the version is office 365), but it still not working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi@Padmakumar,

The antivirus software we use was KASPERSKY, and we’ve tried to fix the problem in MS Office repair option(the version is office 365), but it still not working.

Hi,

Are you getting any error while working on Excel file normally?  (Not through A360)

Badge +3

Hi@Padmakumar,

No, nothing goes wrong while opening or even working on it directly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi@Padmakumar,

No, nothing goes wrong while opening or even working on it directly.

Did you try changing the Package version?

Badge +3

Hi@Padmakumar,

As we metioned earlier in the first question post, we have tried switching the package versions between 6.8.0 and 6.10.4, but still couldn’t solve the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi@Padmakumar,

As we metioned earlier in the first question post, we have tried switching the package versions between 6.8.0 and 6.10.4, but still couldn’t solve the problem.

Are those the only available versions for you?

There is a chance that an excel session is still active, which is why you are seeing this error.

Try killing excel.exe after heading over to Task Manager and then try running the automation, and if that doesn't work then try downgrading the Excel Package as I mentioned. 

If none these worked then, kindly raise support ticket with AA team.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Dear @Asgard Data Team,

It's possible that the issue you're experiencing is related to compatibility between Automation Anywhere and the version of Excel you're using. Excel Advanced is an optional add-on package for Automation Anywhere, and it may not be compatible with all versions of Excel. I would recommend checking with Automation Anywhere's support team to see if they have any guidance on this issue. You may need to update to a newer version of Excel or Automation Anywhere in order to use the Excel Advanced package. Additionally, make sure that you have installed the Excel Advanced package correctly and that it is properly configured on your system.

Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Asgard Data Team ,

Additional of the above steps, check the Event Viewer Logs in order to see any kind of message or error during the execution of the bot.

Regards.