Skip to main content
While using Record option I am again and again getting this error. Bot Launcher for user session Admin crashed. Last recorded command recorder at line number 1. Please help me resolve the error

Hi @Jaiprakash Advani​ try to restart the bot agent service from task manager, see still you are receiving this message, than you need to delete the device and re add it.

Hi @Jaiprakash Advani​ ,

Try deleting that Recorder: Capture Action, and drag in another Recorder: Capture Action.

If the error persists, try restarting the Bot Agent(Ctrl+Shift+Esc > Services > Automation Anywhere Bot Agent > Restart), or downgrading the Recorder package one step by heading over the the Packages section as show below:

PackagesSee if that works out for you.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Hie @Ashwin A.K​, @santoshkumar sabat​ -- I have tried with both of yours solution but still facing the same issue.

Hi @Jaiprakash Advani​ ,

Could you try deleting the Bot Agent and downloading the Latest Version(It automatically gets downloaded when you click Connect, provided you have deleted the Automation Anywhere Bot Agent first)

See if that works out for you.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Tried with this also. Still getting same problem

Hi @Jaiprakash Advani​ ,

Delete the registration.properties file on C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\AutomationAnywhere. Re-download the bot agent and install the bot agent. This will resolve the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Nikhil Patil

Automation Anywhere Inc.

Tried with this also. Still getting same issue.

If you solve this issue , could you tell me how? ​

I had the same issue, restarted the whole pc (VM in my case) and it was "fixed"...

But to be honest, I'm not happy with this kind of solution, because I'm afraid I'll have the same issue again later on.

The bot completely stops when this occurs and there are a few windows open then, which shouldn't be open for the next robot/run.

If this error occurred again you just need to ​restart the bot agent service from task manager.

Hi all,

I had same issue with the bot launcher. Check maybe you have installed two agents. Unistall both agents and install latest version.

Facing same issue here and tried everything told here.

I am opening a ticket if I cannot resolve this

Did you find a solution for this? I have the same problem

Try this, on your left panel, click "Activity", the choose "Historical". It will list all your bot activities, whether Failed or Completed. 

2     Choose the Bot that you want to execute but failed in the process, by ticking the box beside on the left of that failed bot, then go to the corresponding right column mouse over three black dots and choose "Re-run bot...".

3     A new page will appear with all your bots, click and tick that radio button to select that failed bot you want to execute.

4     Scroll to the bottom of the page and checked the box titled "Run with administrative privileges", then scroll up and click "Run Bot now"

5     If the failed bot executes as expected, then probably you have some setting issues, nothing to do with Google Chrome updates etc.

6     If the failed bot failed gain in the "Re-run bot" process mentioned in steps 2 -5, then repeat steps 2-5 but this time in the Historical listing, choose that bot that "Completed" the process. At least, you have some hope in getting that bot to do what you wanted to achieve

Once you managed to temporarily revived your failed bot. Suggest that you go to https://community.automationanywhere.com/developers-forum-36/bot-launcher-for-user-session-crashed-86109 and download the .pdf attachment from Mr. Ramesh B Kadiyam, who offered a very comprehensive explanation on the possible failures.