Skip to main content
Question

When using an Advanced Excel Open prompt in AA community, it does not open the Excel file. I am using the correct naming conventions involving csv and everything. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

When using an Advanced Excel Open prompt in AA community, it does not open the Excel file. I am using the correct naming conventions involving csv and everything. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Hi @Yohan Fernandes​ ,

Would you be so kind as to include some screenshots of the issue you are facing?

You mentioned that you were trying to open an excel file and later mentioned that you appended a .csv extension to its end.

Excel files end with .xlsx, xls, xlsm etc, but not csv.

You can open CSV files using the Excel Actions, but you can't open an excel file after appending a .csv to its end because its not a csv file.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

So I am doing the Hello Automation 360 Bot: Getting Started with Building Bots Course, and am following the flows that they are instructing. image.pngWhen I click "save" after, it just does not open an Excel file. Also, instead of appending, I set it to "overwrite an existing file" as instructed by the course.

Hi @Yohan Fernandes​ 

Can you check if file is available in the folder?

Hi @Yohan Fernandes​ ,

Check in your local machine for the file. l Path will be same which you have given to Open the csv file ] C:\buildabot\customers.csv

If the file is available in the above path Excel Adv : Open command will work.

When creating the data table, I clicked "create new folder/file if it doesn't exist". Is there somewhere I should look on my computer to launch the file, or possibly within the community edition system?

Got it, please do the necessary corrections in the path and run the bot you will be able to open the csv file.

Note: Do Like & Mark the answer as best which will help other users find the information they need when using the search function.

Thanks,

ChanduMohammad S

Hi @Yohan Fernandes​ ,

Can you remove "Sheet contains a header" checkbox and try again?

Hi, just tried the same thing and still no excel file popped up unfortunately. I was also having a problem with the recorder capture tool, when hovering my mouse over a text box it would completely capture a different thing.

The file is not there in the path. Maybe I shold label it something else after the "C:", because I have other sections including "User" and "User Name" in my C drive

Though I know that the C: drive is the problem, I'm not sure how to go about correcting the path.