Skip to main content
Question

User not logged into the machine, save & retry can't be clicked without device password

• 15 April 2024
  • 4 replies

This is a bit weird issue as we got this error (Enterprise)

So basically we are able to run a bot using this creator in private but when we try to recapture this appears, usually we just refresh the name and save & retry but the save & retry can’t be clicked if we don’t enter a keyword in the field. we tried to replicate this issue in another local device but when we click refresh in another local device the save & retry button is able to click and manage to recapture the object

Note that this is a local device so the device password should be empty as far as i know, i’ve logged into admin and save the user name and password to that particular user also. We have also tried putting the device password before clicking the retry & save button (it could be clicked after but when we hit the recapture button this appears once again)

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

does this only happens when you hit recapture?
Are you trying to recapture inside a browser or windows application?
Are you developing the process on multiple machines? is it possible that the “Remote Device” is switching between different devices?

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

does this only happens when you hit recapture?
Are you trying to recapture inside a browser or windows application?
Are you developing the process on multiple machines? is it possible that the “Remote Device” is switching between different devices?

Hi @jayqb , sorry for the late reply, there was no notification as weird as it is, it actually happens when im refreshing windows or when trying to recapture an object so i didn’t get to the point to recapture the object as the error pop ups before that stage, this project has already been developed but there was a maintenance going so i log to the runner machine, using bot creator so yes there is 2 AA User in the same device, as for the last one it shouldn’t be possible as we are running it in local device

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

It happens to me occasionally as well that the remote device switches to a different machine. I believe it might prioritize the local machine, but I primarily develop using a remote virtual machine. This can be somewhat bothersome since it doesn't seem to store the device user login info and prompts for it each time, despite being set up as the default device. What has worked for me, if you don't develop locally, is uninstalling the agent from your local machine.

Sorry, couldn’t be much of a help here. This might be worth flagging in with support team for investigation. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

It happens to me occasionally as well that the remote device switches to a different machine. I believe it might prioritize the local machine, but I primarily develop using a remote virtual machine. This can be somewhat bothersome since it doesn't seem to store the device user login info and prompts for it each time, despite being set up as the default device. What has worked for me, if you don't develop locally, is uninstalling the agent from your local machine.

Sorry, couldn’t be much of a help here. This might be worth flagging in with support team for investigation. 

Hi @jayqb 

Thanks for the help, i’m currently contacting support regarding this issue. we’ve checked the settings and as mentioned above it turns out to be correct. They are currently rummagging the log to see what could be the issue. Many thanks for the insight you gave through this post

Thanks,
David Jansen