Question

Unattendent Bot runner Issue in virtual machine

Badge +2

Bot is not working properly while running un attendant bot on virtual machine.

Issue is , For scheduled bots , application login screens are not appearing as activated , hence bot cannot enter the login name and password as it cannot identify the objects correctly because of open login screen is not activated.( After schedule finish , we can see only login screen of the system after login to VM machine ) 

But if we login virtual machine and run the BOT manually while connecting with RDP login ,  we can see that BOT executes properly .  

Note : My runner is running on virtual machine.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@virangah  Please check attached document on blank screen issue for RDP session

Badge +2

Hi 

Thank you very much, In our case BOT is executing fine and it starts the login window successfully.

But BOT completes all the task lines with out entering the user name and password to go inside.We can see that open window is deactivated in VM machine.

Thanks

Badge +1

Hi virangah,
Is the bot showing an error when trying to login to the app? Did you take a screenshot of the desktop when the error ocurred?
If you run (schedulle) the bot when you are logged to VM, does it run fine?

Att,

Luciano

Badge +2

Hi virangah,
Is the bot showing an error when trying to login to the app? Did you take a screenshot of the desktop when the error ocurred?
If you run (schedulle) the bot when you are logged to VM, does it run fine?

Att,

Luciano

Hi Luciano , 

yes , if i log in to vm and run it , it works fine. But if i scheduled or run it virtually that app window is not activated on vm machine to continue the next steps ( enter user name and pw ) . but we don't get any error .BOT executes lines properly.

Only i can see that window open and not activated on vm workstation.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@virangah  try with this option - settings - Devices - Advanced options - rdp command options

if -sec-tls not working try with -sec-nla … seems you have security level exception hence nla which is network level agreement bypass or tls policy bypass required… 

I

Badge +1

@virangah 

Could you please check it out if the device’s configuration is set to RDP?

Badge +2

@virangah

Could you please check it out if the device’s configuration is set to RDP?

Thank you , If i set that BOT could not execute 

Badge +2

@virangah  try with this option - settings - Devices - Advanced options - rdp command options

if -sec-tls not working try with -sec-nla … seems you have security level exception hence nla which is network level agreement bypass or tls policy bypass required… 

I

Thanks

Badge +1

Hi @virangah 

Sorry i was off yesterday.

Did you solve the issue? Otherwise, could you put a Screen command to capture desktop just after the line where you load the app? And share that image here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @virangah ,

Please use the enclosed .bat file for logging out from RDP session properly or use the Run→ Sign out option.

Also, use the Desktop capture action just before and after the problematic areas and check the working.