Solved

Unable to connect to Outlook to send email

Badge +4

Hi there,

If I use Send email via EmailServer option to send email then I get error  “there was an error in establishing connection to the server”. If I use Send email via outlook then I am able to send email but Outllook trust sender pops up. Am I missing something for email server option?

icon

Best answer by Raul Jaimes 9 January 2023, 04:29

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Sai Deepan.R ,

I hope the given details are for the demo purpose. However, please check the Email server host name given. Try to change the same as smtp.office365.com and provide your mail ID in the From address field and check after that.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Sai Deepan.R 

The correct Email server host is : smtp.office365.com. The port is ok.

Regards

Badge +4

Thanks @Padmakumar and @Raul Jaimes .

I still have the same issue. I believe I don't need the connect and disconnect action for send email. I am just using send action. The data in the screenshots are for demo purpose.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Sai Deepan.R 

ok. Are you able to perform a telnet command to smtp outlook address?

You should able to see something like that:

If telnet not enabled, using Powershell

If you don't have response, the issue is networking related, (dns or firewall)

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Sai Deepan.R  You have to provide actual account name rather than test@test.com to connect outlook server

Badge +4

@Raul Jaimes  Thanks for the detailed screenshot. This really helped:)

I used powershell to ping outlook host and the TCP connection failed. As mentioned this could be due to networking related issue. I might need to reach to the networking team. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Raul Jaimes  Thanks for the detailed screenshot. This really helped:)

I used powershell to ping outlook host and the TCP connection failed. As mentioned this could be due to networking related issue. I might need to reach to the networking team. 

You welcome! i’m glad to hear it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@Raul Jaimes , is this working for you with the new email package version?? (3.15.2-20221006-075826). I can’t send email via smtp.office365.com using port 587 with this package but if I use an older one (e.g. 3.8.0-20211122-062547) it works. Weird

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Raul Jaimes , is this working for you with the new email package version?? (3.15.2-20221006-075826). I can’t send email via smtp.office365.com using port 587 with this package but if I use an older one (e.g. 3.8.0-20211122-062547) it works. Weird

Good question. I will try

Badge +2

hey guys, i have same problem here. but i’m not sending an email but want to save attachment. what port is it? i tried 993/995 but that doesn’t work. pls help, thanks.