Question

To capture objects in this app open the control panel and set screen scaling to 100% for all your monitors

• 6 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

Hi Team,

I am working only on my laptop (no additional monitors) and I’m getting above error. I changed the scaling to 100% in control panel display settings and I still can’t capture elements using recorder. 

When I add monitors that have by default 100 % scale, I still can’t capture elements

Can you advise what else can I do to fix recorder issue?

Many thanks for support

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Kasia 8214 ,

Please try with below options

• monitor with 1366 x 768 or higher resolution
  • the browser zoom level should be 100%
Badge +3

Hi @Tamil Arasu10 

Thank you for reply, my monitor is higher resolution than 1366 x 768 and application that I was using was SAP. I’m not aware of any SAP settings related to resolution, do you know what should be checked?

Thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Kasia 8214 ,

Kindly confirm whether you are getting this error every time while using the Recorder action or only while working with SAP client?

If it is happening every time, try to change the Recorder package version and see if it is occurring again or not.

Badge +3

Hi @Padmakumar,

I just tried capturing different apps and web pages, issue is only with SAP. do you know which SAP settings I should check to make it work?

Thank you for support

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Padmakumar,

I just tried capturing different apps and web pages, issue is only with SAP. do you know which SAP settings I should check to make it work?

Thank you for support

Recorder package is not specific to any environments. If it is working fine everywhere, then it should work in SAP client as well. 

Have you tried with the SAP BAPI package in A360? You can automate most of the SAP related activities through that. You have to enable Scripting in the SAP client before doing so.

Badge +2

Kasia 8214 Have you solved this problem yet? I have the same problem as you and don't know how to solve it?

Badge +1

Hi team, still no resolution is available here am facing same issue

Badge +4

I am also experiencing this problem.  It is not always possible to change the scaling of an app to 100%

Is there a workaround or is it a limitation with Automation Anywhere 360?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Some things to try:

1. Work with a single monitor. Yes, this isn’t ideal but this is only for troubleshooting purposes.
  2. For all your monitors, set the screen zoom to 100%. Your original post shows a zoom that is beyond 100%, which I can see just by looking at the screen shot.

You can try working with capturing applications at different zoom levels, but it would be more advantageous if you drop your screen resolution if the on-screen elements are too small. In the past, I’ve been able to capture elements at zoom levels up to 200% on a 4K screen.