Skip to main content

sql query was working properly but i changed my server and now it is odbc server 32 bit :

my query is as follows:

INSERT INTO [GLENTRY$$] (SL_NO, JD_MAIN_ACNT_CODE, JD_DIVN_CODE, JD_DEPT_CODE, JD_EXCH_RATE, JD_CURR_CODE, JD_DRCR_FLAG, JD_FC_AMT, JD_LC_AMT, JD_DESC) VALUES ('$strSerialNumber$', '$strJD_MAIN_ACNT_CODE$', '$strJD_DIVN_CODE$', '$strJD_DEPT_CODE$', '$strJD_EXCH_RATE$', '$strJD_CURR_CODE$', '$strJD_DRCR_FLAG$', '$strDebitAmount$', '$strDebitAmount$', '$strJD_DESC$')

i get the syntax error with timeout message There is a syntaxical error in the message box

Hi @s 9425 ,

Try this approach,

Step 1: before SQL query put message box with the insert query whatever query getting failed.

Step 2: Review the value from the message box.

Step 3: Most of the cause there could be some special characters like ‘single quotes in any one of the variables. If you see any ‘single quotes in any one of the variables you can replace single quotes to two single quotes as escape characters.

Note: DB connect action will be failed if there is any issue with the connection string. 

If my response was helpful, feel free to mark it as answered. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, don’t hesitate to ask. Have a great day! 😊