Question

SQL command INSERT INTO into an MS Access Database (DB inside Control Room) does not work, but throws no error.

• 18 April 2022
  • 3 replies

I'm running an INSERT INTO into an MS Access Database.

I'm not getting an error, but the INSERT process isn't happening.

The MS Access Database is in the Control Room.

When I tried the same SQL statement and process with the MS Access Database in my Desktop, it works (so I know the syntax is correct).

Any ideas/thoughts?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hello,

1. I request you to please validate the user who is trying to perform an insert action from Automation Anywhere has permission for the same.
  2. Please check and share the bot agent logs which will help to find the root cause of this issue.

C:\ProgramData\AutomationAnywhere\BotRunner\Logs

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thank you,

Prabhakar Jha

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Kirby Kang​ :

if you are still facing an issue then please create a support case

How to create a support case :

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/How-to-create-a-support-case-in-service-cloud

if you don't have access to the above link, email the AA Support team "apeopleopsteam@automationanywhere.com" to get access.

Badge +1
Problem: Database Insert command not working.
Error: There is a syntactical error in the SQL statement. - SQL statement got timed out.

I am using the AA Community edition. I am trying to Insert data into MS Access db. from excel.xlsx but getting an error, Please grant me access so I can build my bots. Thank you.
My MS  access db. is connecting. I tested my DSN connection. Only the INSERT query not working.

- Using MS Office 2016 professional edition, 32-bit.
- ODBC driver successfully installed and connected 32-bit.
-MS Access data types are correct .

I successfully ran the same query in the Query design in MS Access which ran successfully and inserting data into db. table field.  

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.
I also emailed on "apeopleopsteam@automationanywhere.com" to get access, still waiting for a reply. Please help. Thank you.