Question

Sharepoint site integration for accessing files by using automation anywhere packages or components

• 30 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hi Team,

I am looking for resources to integrate and automate business processes which have been using Sharepoint site files system.  

I am interested to know the ways to integrate Sharepoint sites using AA Independent Bot Components i.e. (Without using any script language support like C#, Python, VB Script etc) . 

Would you be able to advice in this .

Many Thanks 

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Ashish 2601 

As of now there is no in-house package from A360, i’d recommend placing a enhancement request with AA.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Ashish 2601 ,

Please check out the below link

https://botstore.automationanywhere.com/bot/sharepoint-operations-through-api you can access via REST API.

Could you tell us more about the use case that could help us come up with other solutions for you

Thanks in advance.

Badge +1

Hi @Ashish 2601 ,

Please check out the below link

https://botstore.automationanywhere.com/bot/sharepoint-operations-through-api you can access via REST API.

Could you tell us more about the use case that could help us come up with other solutions for you

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Tamil Arasu10 ,

Thanks for replying this.

Among few other business cases, we could see cases with accessing file modification history extraction, process files with calculation in-build, modify contents in the SharePoint environment, to keep the file change tracking history under AA access account etc.

More ever using the component built in AA environment to accelerate the inhouse use with generic knowledge to support Sharepoint files automation.

Appreciate your advice on this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Ashish 2601  :: There are plenty of API’s available within sharepoint itself to access, administration, update etc., you can reach out Sharepoint admin to enable and expose those api’s to our bot id… so, it will be very easy to use api calls for bot development… 80% of code will be through these api’s .

Badge +1

@Ashish 2601  :: There are plenty of API’s available within sharepoint itself to access, administration, update etc., you can reach out Sharepoint admin to enable and expose those api’s to our bot id… so, it will be very easy to use api calls for bot development… 80% of code will be through these api’s .

Hi @rbkadiyam ,

Thanks for the reply.

I think the api development for Sharepoint requires customize development of your own api, which requires technical capacity and supporting environment of the team. I can see few licenses on MS O365 has limitations on the api call / day to invoke.

I was wondering, if the REST call with Sharepoint api might not be able to secure a continuous  communication channel to confirm the file data is valid, in case of multiple users concurrently having access to the same file. 

Appreciate your advices in these situations. 

Many Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Ashish 2601 

I can see few licenses on MS O365 has limitations on the api call / day to invoke.   - This is for Office365… not regular api calls… 
suppose you have an web application having api services, you can call n number of times those api calls.

Internally each application will communicate with these apis, as we are looking for automation the required api’s access can be provisioned by your internal team … mostly you can use read api calls rather than write api calls in your automaiton.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

At this moment It is not supported in command package.

I have built the bot that integrate with Sharepoint site using python and C#.

Please go through given below URL from botstore for further details:-

https://botstore.automationanywhere.com/bot/sharepoint-integration-with-a360-using-python

Badge +1

At this moment It is not supported in command package.

I have built the bot that integrate with Sharepoint site using python and C#.

Please go through given below URL from botstore for further details:-

https://botstore.automationanywhere.com/bot/sharepoint-integration-with-a360-using-python

Thanks @patelmaulesh , looks like the only way for current AA integration is with API available. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Ashish,

You can use the Python or C# code that can allow easy access even without using API.

If you wants to know further details, i had done a virtual meetup that explain the steps for it.