Skip to main content
Solved

Script Recording from SAP GUI will not run in Automation Anywhere

• 29 November 2023
  • 5 replies

I am currently working on automating a process in which the bot is expected to perform a transaction in PW1, navigate to a specific location, select a file, and then load it into SAP BW. To achieve this, I initially executed a transaction labeled "RSA1" in PW1 and recorded the actions taken during this process.

My intention is to replicate the same actions in SAP from within Automation Anywhere (AA) using the VBScript Open and Run action. Although I receive a message indicating that the bot ran successfully, I've noticed that there is no actual execution of the recorded actions as scripted in the VBScript.

As a newcomer to the world of RPA, I'm seeking assistance in completing this task and resolving the issue I'm encountering with the automation process. Your guidance and expertise in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Oluwaseyi ,

You do not need SAP connect action if you are using VBscript. Use the record actions to do the initial steps and reach to the screens from where the VBscript should work. Also make sure the VB Script commands used properly and you are making use of functions to execute them.

Badge +1

Hi Abhay,

Thanks for your response. 

I have updated the bot process as advised above.

However, the outcome is still the same. It returns that the bot ran successfully, but I don’t see the actions expected as recorded in the script. Am I needing to make some modifications in the script for it to run in AA? I attempted both importing the file and manual input.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Abhay,

Thanks for your response. 

I have updated the bot process as advised above.

However, the outcome is still the same. It returns that the bot ran successfully, but I don’t see the actions expected as recorded in the script. Am I needing to make some modifications in the script for it to run in AA? I attempted both importing the file and manual input.

Have you enabled Scripting at SAP client end?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Oluwaseyi ,

May be try this out.

Put your script in a function. for example below script is used to perform click.

Then call the function in run function command

If your script is self sufficient then you do not need to call Run Function. Only Open and Close commands will do.

Hopefully this will help

Badge +1

Hello community,

Thanks to everyone’s suggestions on my question. 

I couldn’t get AA to run the script recording from SAP. I use all the methods advised in the chat trail to no avail.

However, I was able to get the task completed using a combination of SAP Actions, Recorder Capture Actions, and Simulation keystrokes.