Question

Run Bot Stuck

• 14 February 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +8

so i was running a bot, and usually it's a success without a problem but now it stucks on a comment line nothing is changed and the bot just stuck at the very same line over and over again. i've tried disabling the comment, it's stuck on the next line which is delay i've tried restarting and the problem persist. any fix?

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @David Jansen​ ,

I am bit confused, the above issue is you are getting error while running the bot at delay step, do you also notice bot launcher is not responding? (i.e Bot is not deployed in your machine)

Badge +8

hi @Ashwin A.K​ @ChanduMohammad S​ 

here is what it looks like when it's stuck, and the error i get if i let it long enough errorStuckand yes i'm using try catch but it doesn't gave an error, it only gave the error on the first picture if i let go long enough

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @David Jansen​ ,

Would you be so kind as to include few screenshots of the workflow so that we may be in a better situation to help you out?

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @David Jansen​ ,

Can you check one line above the Comment or Delay? Also i'd suggest keep try Catch Blocks in the code to capture the exact error in the logfile.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @David Jansen​ ,

A screenshot of the workflow would be most appreciated, also there is a chance that the error did not occur at the Delay action.

The task window tends to lag a little so I would suggest adding a Log to File Action followed by a Take Screenshot Action into the Catch Action so that we can record the exact line at which the error occurred along with its actual cause(from the logs).

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Badge +8

hi @ChanduMohammad S​ 

to straighten things out, so the issue is the bot is stuck at a certain point, which gave an error as in the first picture which is "Bot launcher for user session unresponsive". and for additional info i've tried restarting and the bot was perfectly fine until today, no process was changed.

Badge +8

hi @Ashwin A.K​ 

i cannot screenshot the workflow as the company restricts me from doing so but as i said the process was succesful over and over until today and so i can assure you that there are no issue on the process itself. but based on the error screenshot i gave do you have any idea as to why the bot launcher is unresponsive?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @David Jansen​ ,

One of the reason for this error is missing permission on folders.

Grant full access to the current user at the following location - 

• C:\Users\<currentUserProfile>\AppData\Local\AutomationAnywhere\
  • C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData

If not , I'd recommend opening a support ticket with AA using below link to identify the exact cause.

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/support/p>

if you don't have access to the above link, Send an email to AA Support team "apeopleopsteam@automationanywhere.com" to get the access.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @David Jansen​ ,

Request you to refer to article below for the known causes and solutions for Bot unresponsive error.

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/Bot-Launcher-for-user-session-username-unresponsive/p>

Please feel free to open Support ticket in case if the issue still persists.