Skip to main content
Question

run a bot in Multiple servers

• 19 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone, 

we have 8 servers and 2 unattended licenses. We need to run the same bot on the 8 servers not simultanely. How can we handle the execution? 

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@helenemamou  licenses will be allocated at user / bot id level.. so, you can allocate these two licenses for two bot ids/ user ids and utilize for all 8 servers login… 

Also you can create a device pool  - https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/control-room/devices/cloud-create-device-pool.html

Badge +4

Thanks @rbkadiyam  , But in the “run as user” we have to select one device. Like One botrunner = one license = one server.  So where can i select the other device for running the bot?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @helenemamou 

Yes, if you want to run the bot in other devices mapping will be accordingly.

Badge +4

Can you give me more details or steps please? Did you mean we need 8 licenses  for 8 servers?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @helenemamou ,

so, if you have only 8 licenses and you want to run the same bot in 8 servers not simultaneous, you  will need to remap every device (or at least 5)  to same unattended users. This action could be tedious, but it is an optional approach if you dont have enough licesing. With Edit user privilegies (or admin)  go to 

Administration->Users->Select unattended user->Edit User → Change select running device 

Try selecting  another device from the list and move it  accordingly you need

HTH

Regards

Badge +4

Hi, 

Finally i will use AARI web. I created a form and call it in a process. In my form i wil ask the server’s name and the date. So i will deploy the bot by API

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi, 

Finally i will use AARI web. I created a form and call it in a process. In my form i wil ask the server’s name and the date. So i will deploy the bot by API

This is amazing @helenemamou 

Thanks for sharing alternates for the above problem statement