Skip to main content

Dear Community,

I have installed the AAi Control Room + Bot Agent on an Azure VM on-prem. Consequently, I can access the CR using the appropriate URL in the VM's browser and also create and run bots without any problems.
Now I would like to trigger bots from a third party application hosted on servers using Control Room API. I first tried to use Postman to make Api calls to the CR on the Azure VM for testing purposes. Unfortunately in vain. Can you tell me if I need to make additional settings on the Azure VM for this or if it is possible at all?

I would also like to be able to call the CR URL outside of the VM in order to use the CR on any computer. Is this also possible at all for on-prem installations on the VM?

Thanks in advance for any help

@Fabian.L1  Are you getting any error in postman ? response code ?

Hi @Fabian.L1 ,

Have you checked this tutorial on the same?

@rbkadiyam I get the following errormessage

followed by the URl I am trying to reach.

On the other hand, if I use Swagger in the browser on the machine where the control room is installed (Azure VM) I am able to authenticate and get a token. But if I try it from a different machine I can not even Access the URL which consits of   “CR-Url” + “/swagger/”.

@Padmakumar I checked the video but it didnt help.

The main question is: Do I need to change the settings in order to make the control room available from outside the VM it is running on?

@rbkadiyamI get the following errormessage

On the other hand, if I use Swagger in the browser on the machine where the control room is installed (Azure VM) I am able to authenticate and get a token. But if I try it from a different machine I can not even Access the URL which consits of   “CR-Url” + “/swagger/”.

@PadmakumarI checked the video but it didnt help.

The main question is: Do I need to change the settings in order to make the control room available from outside the VM it is running on?

By saying you are unable to access <CR-URL>/Swagger, you meant just the swagger part or the CR also?

If you are unable to access the CR URL from outside then, definitely you won’t be able to trigger BOTs within it right.

By saying you are unable to access <CR-URL>/Swagger, you meant just the swagger part or the CR also?

If you are unable to access the CR URL from outside then, definitely you won’t be able to trigger BOTs within it right.

I cant neither acces the CR-URL from outside nor the SWAGGER part of course. But I am able to use swagger from inside the VM and run and trigger bots.

I cant neither acces the CR-URL from outside nor the SWAGGER part of course. But I am able to use swagger from inside the VM and run and trigger bots.

Then unfortunately you can’t trigger the BOT from outside using API call. The primary thing for such case is that your CR should be accessible from outside.

Then unfortunately you can’t trigger the BOT from outside using API call. The primary thing for such case is that your CR should be accessible from outside.

Alright, do you have any idea how to make it accessible from outside?

First, you need a Domain. That domain has to be pointed to a Naming Server. That Naming server needs a record for your site xyz.com. That xyz.com has to be pointed to your webserver. Then you need to make sure that the External IP of your webserver matches that External DNS record. (Make sure that you have any firewalls or routers pointing to port 80 at that IP). Finally in IIS setup, a binding for xyz.com on the correct Nat address (which was setup in your Firewall / Router rules for port 80 above). That's the nutshell version of it.

First, you need a Domain. That domain has to be pointed to a Naming Server. That Naming server needs a record for your site xyz.com. That xyz.com has to be pointed to your webserver. Then you need to make sure that the External IP of your webserver matches that External DNS record. (Make sure that you have any firewalls or routers pointing to port 80 at that IP). Finally in IIS setup, a binding for xyz.com on the correct Nat address (which was setup in your Firewall / Router rules for port 80 above). That's the nutshell version of it.

Thanks a lot. Thats what I was looking for :)

Most welcome.

Most Welcome.