Question

Object cloning Error - Unable to perform 'SetText' action - works fine on one machine but giving error on another

• 6 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hi All,

I am using object cloning command to set text in textbox on login page of site which is working fine on my local machine but giving error Unable to perform 'SetText' action when bot is configured on other runner machine. I have checked HTML id of textbox on both the m/c browsers and they are same.

I don’t understand the cause and how to resolve it.

I am using AAE 11.3

Can anyone have any idea?

6 replies

Badge

Hi Pallavi,

Apart from HTML ID what are the other parameters used for identifying the text box?

DomxPath, Path etc?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Pallavi Desai  Please check your machine and runner machine - Display settings  Scale and layout , i suspect either scale percentage or resolution is different on these two systems

Badge +4

Hi All,

I am using object cloning command to set text in textbox on login page of site which is working fine on my local machine but giving error Unable to perform 'SetText' action when bot is configured on other runner machine. I have checked HTML id of textbox on both the m/c browsers and they are same.

I don’t understand the cause and how to resolve it.

I am using AAE 11.3

Can anyone have any idea?

Hi Pallavi,

Apart from HTML ID what are the other parameters used for identifying the text box?

DomxPath, Path etc?

Hi,Thanks for your reply!.  I was able to resolve the issue by using image property instead of Object but now when I schedule the bot on same runner m/c it is again giving the same error which is not the case when I run it manually

Badge +4

@Pallavi Desai  Please check your machine and runner machine - Display settings  Scale and layout , i suspect either scale percentage or resolution is different on these two systems

Hi..Thanks for the reply!! I have checked all the display setting and they are same on both the m/cs

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Pallavi Desai 

Try to perform the following setting when you run the bot:

-Select the Run bot runner session on control room when you want the Control Room to use the RDP of the Bot Runner sessions and run it in its local memory. Check below reference:

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v11.3/page/enterprise/topics/control-room/activity/schedule-a-bot.html

HTH

Regards

Badge +4

Hi @Pallavi Desai 

Try to perform the following setting when you run the bot:

-Select the Run bot runner session on control room when you want the Control Room to use the RDP of the Bot Runner sessions and run it in its local memory. Check below reference:

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v11.3/page/enterprise/topics/control-room/activity/schedule-a-bot.html

HTH

Regards

Hi @Raul Jaimes ,

Thanks for your Reply!!

I tried scheduling bot with ‘Run bot runner session on control Room’ option enabled on runner m/c but it didn’t worked. Since I am still using V11.3 I am not getting ‘Set bot runner screen resolution’ option to select.