Question

Object Cloning during runtime is not able to locate document ID on Chrome.

• 23 February 2022
  • 3 replies

I'm attempting to locate the ID on the webpage using innerText HTML element and the browser I am using is Chrome. Anything different I should try or any reason why my bot would be failing? Thanks in advance and let me know if you have any questions!

AA Client CodeWebpage Table

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Matthew Uriegas​ ,

If I were in your situation, I'd create an XPath and pass it into the DOMXpath field.

I can help you with creating one, if you would be so kind as to include few screenshots of the Inspection Window(after you right-click and inspect the element you want to click on)

If you are looking for something generic, then the XPath will look something like this:

//*[.=$docID$] -> if docID contains the entire text

//*[contains(.=$docID$)] -> If docID contains partial text

I can't gurantee that it will work 100%, because it depends entirely on the DOM structure of the webpage.

If you'd like to learn more, then here is a series of articles I've penned on the subject, I hope you find it resourceful.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Hello @Ashwin A.K​! Yes, here are some screenshots of the element I want to click and inspection window.

DocumentIDInspection Window

Badge +4

I also facing the same issue. it would be very helpful if @Ashwin A.K​ could show how to solve this.