Question

My recorder action is not working. An error occurs that suggests "Recorder has encountered an internal error." Neither browser nor desktop applications are capturing. Same error occurs in both the cases.

• 11 November 2022
  • 9 replies

My recorder action is not working. An error occurs that suggests "Recorder has encountered an internal error." Neither browser nor desktop applications are capturing. Same error occurs in both the cases.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hello @Fatima zahra​ Since when this issue started? Which version of Botagent and CR are you using? Please follow the article below.

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/Recorder-has-experienced-an-internal-error-Please-stop-recording-and-try-again

I have tried Changing control rooms, downloaded extensions again, reinstalling bot agent, tried using wild cards etc but nothing has worked out so far. It is not working on any other browser as well.Screenshot 2022-11-05 180139universal recorder

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Those are to be performed at Botagent machines, not in the Control Room

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

My Bot agent version is 21.222. I am using community edition so I cant find CR version. I encountered this issue on 4 november 2022. Also, I can't access the link you provided here. It says "You are not authorized to access this page, kindly reach out to your Account Executive / Company Administrator to enable access."artcle page 

I am using Community edition i.e. cloud based. The solution you provided here must work for licensed version. The problem I am facing is occurring in universal recorder and recorder capture action.

These files are not present in my bot agent machine. The community edition does not produce these files in the machine.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Fatima zahra​ 

Probably you have installed Bot Agent with a non-admin user. Kindly verify the following paths

Install path: “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Programs\Automation Anywhere\Bot Agent”

Global cache: %LOCALAPPDATA%\AA\GlobalCache

Logs: %LOCALAPPDATA%\AutomationAnywhere\BotRunner\Logs

Regards

Badge

Hi all.

Look at this:

I just had the same problem. Just for future reference in case you need it, I solved the problem changing the package versión in the next way:

1. Go to the three dots menu and select Packages

2. Then select the Recorder Packages

1. Finally select a previous versión and click on change version button

That's the way I could solve it. I hope I could help anyone.