Skip to main content
Question

loop through email not working

• 7 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have a requirement where i need to read the email attachments and do some action on that.

Email connect is working , when it is trying to process Loop it gives me an error “The provided connection details are invalid.”

Kindly do the needful.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

HI @User1661161089530366724 ,

As of Oct 1st, 2022, Microsoft has deprecated the basic authentication. This impacts customers running bot for email automation that connect to Exchange Online using IMAP, POP3, or EWS protocols with Basic authentication.

Please find the link below which could help you setup the O-Auth with outlook and connect the bot with your mailbox.

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/product-feature-lifecycle/basic-authentication-exchange-overview.html

Hope this will help!

Badge +1

Hi,

Is this applicable for SMTP also ?

smtp.office365.com with this host i am able to send email.

Email connect alone now working, eventhough i have given the host and port as per below screenshot..

Regards,

Sathya S

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @User1661161089530366724 

SMTP I think is not yet disabled by Microsoft and it may allow you to send the email. But, Basic authentication has been disabled and it will prevent the third party application from accessing the outlook. The best option for you is to connect to Outlook application if you have outlook application on your system or having O-Auth enabled. You’ll need the tenant ID, Client Secret, Client ID. You might have to reach out to you IT team they’ll be able to provide you these keys which you can use to access the mailbox.