Keystroke Slowness

• 28 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10
  • Automate the Universe SME
  • 30 replies

Hey,

Anyone experience a MASSIVE slowness when using keystrokes package recently? I noticed our bots are taking much longer to complete and I narrowed issue down to keystrokes they are just suddenly taking very long to input information into a input fields. There was no changes made to the bots and the setting is set to default 10ms, but before the information is populated it takes good 30 - 60 seconds +

Thanks for the advise.

J

6 replies

Badge

Hi J,

Were you able to find a solution to this issue?  I appear to be having the same problems and am not sure how to fix it. 

Thank you,

Kevin

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hey Kevin,

No I did not… also I can’t explain why it works totally fine when you run a bot manually from task, but not when you schedule it.

If you are using Browser Automation package from the bot store - you might already know that it’s not supported by Automation Anywhere and we rely on community forum for help. 

Since I didn’t get any solution here.. I do have a work around that I’ve been using. As much as you can you need to rely on Send Keystroke package within the Browser Automation package and anything else you can’t resolve using Send Keystrokes for example iFrame or other pop ups you need to use the Capture package which in my use case seems to work pretty well these days.

If you need any assistance give me a shout.

Thanks
J

Badge

Thanks J!

I’m going to play around with it and see if I can get it to work properly.  My issue is occurring when I am manually running the bot.  I do not have the ability to schedule bots at the moment due to some of our system limitations.  I will let you know if I get it working.  

Thank you,

Kevin

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Thanks J!

I’m going to play around with it and see if I can get it to work properly.  My issue is occurring when I am manually running the bot.  I do not have the ability to schedule bots at the moment due to some of our system limitations.  I will let you know if I get it working.  

Thank you,

Kevin

Oh, gotcha.
Does it the simulate keystroke package work for you or is just super delayed?

Badge

It works but it is super delayed.  I am trying to copy info from an excel spreadsheet to enter into a webform and it is taking like a minute or two just to tab to the next box.  I also just received a new computer so I am thinking that might be part of the problem.  I think it’s going to be a lot of trial and error to determine the cause and maybe I will just need to rebuild the bot.  I will let you know what I am able to discover. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hmm.. I currently work on some projects that involves a lot of excel data movement and I couldn’t even copy excel data using CTRL + C / V keystrokes it just wouldn’t work. I had to use the Copy/Paste button in the excel UI navigation using Capture package. 

Sure, good luck with it and if anything just shout.