Skip to main content
Question

Issues with Universal Recorder and Capture actions. I am undergoing some bot developer courses which require the use of the Universal Recorder and capture actions. However, upon using the universal recorder i will wait for the text.

or the box to glow red and then click to capture it. In theory it should capture what just glowed read however when the capture action appears in my automation anywhere community edition it has captured some completely random part of the page. Can anyone explain why this is and potentially help me resolve this issue? See image below for reference. I selected the email box and it glowed red so it should have captured that but instead it's captured some other part of the screen.invoicely

Hi @Tamil Arasu​ I am using main to capture the web pages but still getting this issue.

I believe you're enabled and using the Anchor to capture the web pages

Please use the Main

I'm able to capture without issue using the Main option

Could you please re-open the web page and give it try

Hi @Tamil Arasu​ I have re-opened my web page and still no luck. Also could you explain to me why when i do capture there is a black bar at the bottom of my screen as well? Here is my recent attempt at trying to capture the email box and here is the outcome.

recorder issue

Can you please set the text value and give it try whether filling in data or not

Now, you're recording. Could you please try to capture the area step by step? to use

Recorder-->Capture Action

As in fill in an email address?

capture issue 3

This is from using the capture action, as you can see the email address box is highlighted red i have then selected it and i have went on to my capture to see what it's captured and it is way off.capture issue 2

I think you have filled it incorrectly.

The below links may help you get some idea about to deal with Web Pages.

Automation Anywhere A2019 Build-A-Long RPA Challenge

RPA Challenge | XPATH Manipulation for Dynamic Web Page ...

Hello @Aaron Saunders​, Reported issue can be observed in a case when machine zoom or scaling level is not set to 100%

Go to browser settings and verify the zoom percentage, which should be set to 100%.

Also, make sure the text size is set to 100% (can be checked by navigating to: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display).

Try setting default Screen resolution and Size of text, apps and other items and check if it resolves issue.