Skip to main content
Question

I'm new to Automation Anywhere, If I will be copying specific worksheets from multiple workbooks and saving them to one worksheet only, can I get your advice on how to do it?

• 19 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I'm new to Automation Anywhere, If I will be copying specific worksheets from multiple workbooks and saving them to one worksheet only, can I get your advice on how to do it?

Hi @Zandra Velasco​ ,

You can use the Excel Advanced Action to achieve that.

imageIf you have multiple workbooks that you want to extract data from, then you can use a Loop: For each File in Folder and append the worksheets to the workbook that you want to push it into.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Hi @Zandra Velasco​ ,

Their are two ways to do this :

Approach 1:

You can use the Excel Package to do this with the help of Goto Sheet command and loop over data to copy and paste it to the target workbook.

Approach 2: You can use a Macro in VBSCRIPT for the specific sheets from which the data has to be fetched. This approach is efficient in terms of implementation and as well as its execution speed.

Both of these approaches are good at their places but I would Suggest if you use 2nd Approach in your Client projects then it would be great.

You can use inbuilt actions within Excel Advanced package or use a loop to achieve this.