Skip to main content
Question

I am getting the error Error: Unable to find LINK. Search Criteria did not match, while recording an action.?

• 10 May 2022
  • 6 replies

I am getting the error Error: Unable to find LINK. Search Criteria did not match, while recording an action.?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Please check the object properties if is there any dynamic value exists, sometime this will cause the issue.

Please use path, HTML value, Inner text

Badge +1

Hi All,

Hi,

I got the same message here when trying to click on this button using the recorder

I’m sharing the element info. What should I include in the propreties ? I tried the Xpath but not working?.

thanks for your help

FullXpath = /html/body/div[5]/div[2]/div/div[5]/div[2]/div/div[2]/div/form/div[1]/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div/span[1]/span[2]/span[3]/span[2]/a[6]

<a id="cke_35" class="cke_button cke_button__removeformat cke_button_off" href="javascript:void('Remove Format')" title="Remove Format" tabindex="-1" hidefocus="true" role="button" aria-labelledby="cke_35_label" aria-describedby="cke_35_description" aria-haspopup="false" aria-disabled="false" onkeydown="return CKEDITOR.tools.callFunction(46,event);" onfocus="return CKEDITOR.tools.callFunction(47,event);" onclick="CKEDITOR.tools.callFunction(48,this);return false;"><span class="cke_button_icon cke_button__removeformat_icon" style="background-image:url('http://vps-838248e3.vps.ovh.ca/limesurvey/tmp/assets/e8a1bf52/plugins/icons.png?t=M4I8');background-position:0 -2184px;background-size:auto;">&nbsp;</span><span id="cke_35_label" class="cke_button_label cke_button__removeformat_label" aria-hidden="false">Remove Format</span><span id="cke_35_description" class="cke_button_label" aria-hidden="false"></span></a>

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @naoufal.rahali 

Checkout below screenshot to change different technology using capture command. Can you try changing to “Capture object with Microsoft UI Automation (COM)” and give a try?

Also checkout below documentation to know more,

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/aae-client/bot-creator/commands/capture-using-specific-technology.html

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Pramod 1192 ,

Welcome to the PathFinder Community!
XPaths usually do the trick, so could you please share the XPath that you used there?
I can see that you’ve shared the absolute path, that isn’t going to do us much good here.

If you are new to the concept of XPaths, then I’d recommend going through this tutorial before proceeding.

Now, assuming that you’ve provided the DOM segment of the highlighted element, we have to craft an XPath that will detect the element we want i.e., it has to be unique. XPaths can detect multiple matches, which is something we DON’T want.

Start by unchecking all object properties except DOMXpath and pass this in:

//a[@title='Remove Format']

If that doesn’t work, then try adding more attributes, or target the parent/child containers.
That ought to do the trick, but if it doesn’t then you might have to rely on JS(Browser: Run Javascript)  to get the work done.

I’ve written a bit on how to use XPaths and the Capture Action which you can check out if you are interested.

Kind Regards,
Ashwin A.K

Badge +1

Thanks @ChanduMohammad  for you help. It seems not changing the result 

@Ashwin A.K i’ve tried the to change the properties but still have the same issue. I’ll learn more about XPath since i’m new in this field.

I want to mention one thing :

this element exists twice in the page with a difference only in id attribute

Thanks guys for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @naoufal.rahali ,

Check if there is any other Object property available specifically for this element other than the Domx Path

For e.g. HTML Name, HTML Value etc