Question

HTML response when using Outlook metabot (DLL) in A360

• 18 January 2022
  • 6 replies

How to construct a decent looking email body, that kind of mimics a HTML response, when using ReplyAll function in the Outlook metabot DLL in A360?

I am writing up the email body into a string variable and using that variable as a parameter in the ReplyAll DLL function. Because the string variable does not accommodate HTML text, the reply email shows the entire email body in a single line.

ap2 

ap1 

ap3

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Arvind Kotaru​ ,

Since you are using a DLL, you will have to edit the code itself in order to parse it in terms of HTML.

Instead, I would suggest using the Email Action Package, as it comes with the option of allowing you to convert your body into HTML format.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Thx much @Ashwin A.K​! Email package did not have Reply option earlier, so I was using the DLLs. Now that Reply is an option, I think I should try that instead to mimic a ReplyAll.

Hey @Ashwin A.K​, I tried the Reply action in the Email package but did not see a difference. Any help?

Capture1Capture2

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Arvind Kotaru​ ,

I'm sorry but what I meant to say was that the body of the text can be interpreted as HTML once you toggle it over to HTML and when the body itself is in HTML.

Could you try adding the tags and css and try once again?

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Yep, the body itself has to be in HTML for it to work.

Attached below is a sample email template from one of the Automation Anywhere bots, hope you find it resourceful.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

I think that selecting HTML option should treat the message as HTML, although it doesn't work that way. Adding HTML tags actually helped, thank you @Ashwin A.K​!

Capture1Capture2 

Maybe the same will work for the Outlook metabot DLL, will try.