Question

How to stop bot from in progress

Badge +5

17 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @suryateja salvaji​ ,

Next to the process you want to stop, there is a sidebar towards the end of that row which lets you Pause or Kill the automation.

Is it unavailable to you?

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @suryateja salvaji​ ,

Could you request your CR Administrator to create a role for you with the following permissions and see if that enables it?

imageKind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Badge +5

Not available

Badge

how to stop bot in community edition

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@S SuryaTeja ,

Try to move directly to historical if stop action/kill action doesn't work.

In community edition it doesn't exist due you are logged in the VM, so you can stop the bot using the run task window. or using API to reset the device.

HTH

Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @AshaHeyan ,

Please check below workaround that may help in resolving the issue:

• Restart Bot Agent service

OR

• Go to Devices -> My Devices and remove the device from the list and add it again.
  • Restart Bot Agent service

OR

• Follow below steps -
  1. Uninstall Bot Agent
  2. Delete files in C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\AutomationAnywhere
  3. Download and install Bot Agent again
  4. Log in to Control Room, Go to Devices -> My Devices, Add device, if device already exists, then overwrite
Badge +1

Hi,

Any solution pls to stop a bot in progress in community edition.  I’ve a serious issue : I tried to uninstall the bot but now I can’t add my device as it’s asking first to delete the current device. And when trying to delete I’ve another message “Cannot delete device, as it is part of an active bot deployment”

Thanks for your help 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@naoufal.rahali 

Kindly check the following threads.

Regards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@naoufal.rahali 

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/BOT-struck-in-In-Progress-Stage-and-not-able-to-move-it-to-history-or-BOT-struck-in-Pending-execution-Stage-and-not-able-to-move-it-to-history-on-A2019-CLOUD-environments

Cause

The device either has an ongoing deployment or has a stuck entry of a failed task execution. You can validate this on the Activity > In-Progress tab.

We need to reset the device from API if we are unable to view the running bot in the activity tab.

Resolution/Workaround

Stop the active deployment on the device from the Activity > In-Progress tab.

Or

Follow the below article to reset the device:
"BOT stuck in In Progress Stage and not able to move it to history" or "BOT stuck in Pending execution Stage and not able to move it to history" on Automation 360 CLOUD and On-Prem environments

Badge +1

Hi @rbkadiyam@rbkadiyam thanks for your reply.

I believe community account doesn't give access to apeople so couldn't read the post.

Regards 

Badge +1

@Raul Jaimes thanks for your help.

To be honest not easy at all. I created new account a a quick fix. 

I'm asking my self why we didn't keep the stop bot for the community edition like enterprise?? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I'm asking my self why we didn't keep the stop bot for the community edition like enterprise?? 

Good Question @naoufal.rahali Hopefully this will be considered by AA soon

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @naoufal.rahali,

This has nothing to do with the Client type. Stop option is only available for Users with Admin privilege. Which means, even if you are in Enterprise client, if your user id doesn’t have admin right, you will not see the stop option. 

The Community edition users won’t be having the admin privilege. Hence why you are not seeing this stop option for you.

Badge +1

@Padmakumar got it.

if I may suggest, adding stop option to the current roles assigned without all admin privileges as it's frequent to have sush situations during the dev. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@Padmakumar got it.

if I may suggest, adding stop option to the current roles assigned without all admin privileges as it's frequent to have sush situations during the dev. 

Agreed @naoufal.rahali and well articulated

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Padmakumar got it.

You can raise it as an enhancement request to AA. Let’s hope that they will consider the same in any of their upcoming updates.

Badge +3

Stucked Community