Question

How to download recorder package for downgraded recorder package version

Hi all,

I got "edge plug-in is not installed or not enabled" issue when using recorder capture object on web page.​ The default recorder package version is 2.6.1, do you know where to download the lower version, i.e. 2.2.0?

Thanks & Regards,

Joy

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @zhengyan liu​ ,

Please check out the below links

How to Update a Package | Automation Anywhere Enterprise

https://youtu.be/wIzSMY1p6wg?t=72/p>

Hi @zhengyan liu​ 

You don't need to download it separately it will be already there in your workspace

• Expand Manage and click on Packages

• Then in the search check for the Recorder Package and then click on the Recorder

• Here in the drop down you will be able to see the lower version of the recorder package

And also for the plugin issue please go through the below article:

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/Your-Chrome-Plugin-is-either-not-installed-or-disabled/b>

But in most of the cases the issue won't come after Uninstalling the Bot agent from your device and install it back

Note:(Uninstall and delete the Bot Agent from your device and install it back as a fresh one)

If this helps you, please mark my "Answer as Best" :)

Happy Automation

Thanks,

Nishanth

Hi all,

​Thanks so much for your update.

Expand Manage and click on Packages, there is only recorder package 2.6.1 before lower version 2.2.0 was uploaded.

​Now recorder capture function works fine on other bot. ​

But still failed on one if my bot. even after reinstall Bot Agent/remove "globalcache" folder.... a360 plug-in is enabled in Edge but still capture not work.

​Any clue on this issue?

Regards,

Joy

Hi @zhengyan liu​ 

Please check the below pointers in the registry editor

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge\NativeMessagingAllowlist – Add “automation.edge.browseragent”

If it's not there please add accordingly

NativeMessagingAllowlist ----> Key

In the value add "automation.edge.browseragent" ------> String

If the above steps not helping then follow the below

Remove the entry 'automation.bot.browseragent' in the registry path: "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Chrome\NativeMessagingHosts".

After removing the registry entry, 'Automation.Bot.BrowserAgent.exe' should be running in the Task Manager-> Details tab.

Note: After making registry changes, restart the machine.

Thanks,

Nishanth

Hi Nishanth,

I don't have access to regedit, 'Automation.Bot.BrowserAgent.exe" is running in task manager ->Details->Services allready.

Regards,

Joy

Hi @zhengyan liu​ 

Then in this case, please check with your local IT team to get it checked.

Thanks,

Nishanth