Question

How do i include retry mechanism. i'm reading excel file and processing row by row, if one of the request failed i need the bot to retry from that row.

• 29 June 2022
  • 2 replies

How do i include retry mechanism. i'm reading excel file and processing row by row, if one of the request failed i need the bot to retry from that row.

2 replies

Hi Akii,

You can add a extra column to that excel eg Status, in case that row execution got failed, you can just update the Status='Failed'

so next time when bot starts the execution, you can check the condition if Status='Failed' or Blank proceed the execution and you can skip the row if Status='Completed'

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Akash Patel​ ,

Nest a Try Action inside of a Loop which is set to the maximum number of times you want the bot to keep trying.

Now, each time the bot fails, it will exit the Try block, only to be reintroduced into it once more.

Once bot completes the Action successfully, you can add a check after the action to validate whether it performed what it was supposed to and use a Loop: Break to exit the loop so that it can carry on with the rest of its operation.

Either that, or you can use a Boolean value and add a check to see if the bot performed as expected, and if not add a Loop: Continue so that you don't have to segment the actions coming after that inside another Try.

There is a bit of complexity involved, so you might want to take it slow and test few ideas out before implementing it in the main process.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K