Solved

Excel file not getting updated intermittently while using Excel as Database

• 7 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I am using excel as database actions in my bot. but intermittently it fails without giving an error. i am not sure if it due to VM network related issue or something else. Even there is no any pattern over there. Can someone help me to know the actual cause of it? below things i have already checked
Connection string
syntax 
query 

icon

Best answer by Niyaz 7 February 2024, 08:51

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @Ani 2211 

I’m not sure whether you use the Database : Disconnect action as soon as the retrieval / updating is completed in the excel.

If you are continuously keeping the session open for a while if it is not working with that excel session as DB, there might be a chance of failing. This is cause one.

The other may be because on VM slowness. Though the excel is in the same VM, the slowness may also cause this issue.

My suggestion is,

1. Make sure you disconnect when not required.
  2. Run the bot in local / different machine and check. If it works fine then it because of slowness issue.
Badge +1

Niyaz, Thank you for you help. Yes I am using disconnect action but at end of bot. Does it necessary to connect and disconnect connection after each update action. Also the strange thing is it fails at any time intermittently. Hence not able to drill down the issue till the moment.  

Badge +2

Niyaz, Thank you for you help. Yes I am using disconnect action but at end of bot. Does it necessary to connect and disconnect connection after each update action. Also the strange thing is it fails at any time intermittently. Hence not able to drill down the issue till the moment.  

Hi @Ani 2211 

It’s good to disconnect it once the action is completed. 

If it’s a real DB then it will fine, but here we are trying to connect excel as DB through the Microsoft driver, it might cause an issue.

Hope it works well!