Question

excel condition to fill in SAP (if apply)

• 2 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, I have to implement a component and I have some problems.

I tried to used the Excel basic commands in order to check but the components are not working as expected.

the component I need to implement is:

•From the external Excel file, tab “Sheet1”, if two new fields (A1 and A2) are filled, then their contents need to be copied over to the internal excel file

•If the prior condition is met, then the successfully uploaded contract number will be located on 3rd line in the SAP verification screen instead of the 2nd line (when the prior condition is not met then it remains the 2nd line)

I tried to save the values in a variable and check the first but without any success.

any ideas?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @zeno gALLI​ ,

Would yo be so kind as to let us know on which step exactly the process failed?

Values can be retrieved from Excel using the Basic Package, so that won't be an issue.

If you could share few screenshots of the issue at hand, it would put us in a much better position to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Hi,

Error message: data not captured correctly.

I am just starting to build that component. I don't have any screenshot that could be useful.

Can you suggest a general path that I can use for create the described process?​

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @zeno gALLI​ ,

Since you are working with two excel files, you have to declare two Sessions as well.

Then, Loop: for each Row in Excel Basic and retrieve each value.

Use an If Action to perform the validation and then write it into the second spreadsheet if the condition is satisfied.

And proceed from there.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K