Emails from outlook folder are not processed by BOT

Badge +1

Bot has been scheduled twice in a day. Emails from shared mailbox are not processed in the first run and in the next run all the emails are processed as expected. Could you please help to resolve this issue?

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Yazhini 3433 

If you are using Outlook DLL can you add delay so it launches outlook completely and try again? Also confirm are you using DLL or email package for this?

Badge +1

Thanks for your response. I am using email package not DLL.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Can you share the error or code screenshot  if possible

Badge +1

There is no error. It says, BOT completed successfully. In BOT, I am saving the attachment to a local folder from email. This is not happening. I am not sure if the BOT is not reading the email or not saving the attachment. This issue happens only when the BOT is scheduled. When I run the BOT manually, It works fine. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

There is no error. It says, BOT completed successfully. In BOT, I am saving the attachment to a local folder from email. This is not happening. I am not sure if the BOT is not reading the email or not saving the attachment. This issue happens only when the BOT is scheduled. When I run the BOT manually, It works fine. 

Add some delay while saving the attachments and try 

Badge +1

Sure, Thanks for your suggestion.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Sure, Thanks for your suggestion.

Welcome

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Yazhini 3433 ,

If I may ask, from where your trying to read the mail? Is it from Inbox or from any other Sub folder?

If it is from Inbox, try to put a rule in outlook for moving all the required communications to a sub folder when a new communication arrives. Later, try looping inside that sub folder. If you want, you add an additional logic to move all the communication back to Inbox itself through BOT once the required action is performed.

Badge +1

I am reading the email from subfolder only. And also I don’t find any issue in the second run for the day, the issue is only in the very first run.

Badge

Hello, has anyone found solution for the above?

Badge

We haven't encountered any issues while scheduling the bot to operate on weekends. The bot reads emails from the shared mail box successfully. When the read email operation is completed, the bot moves the email to a specified folder.