Solved

Email: Move doesn't work

• 28 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello,

Email: Move doesn’t seem to work.

I want to move an email from Inbox to a subfolder and it just tells me the folder doesn’t exist even when it can read the mail and i can move that mail into the folder manually.

Email: Check if folder exists returns true.

Folder in Outlook:

Loop:

Move: 

Has anybody ever managed to get that to work and how?

Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by DATTA.KOTHAMASU 4 June 2024, 03:01

View original

5 replies

Im using 3.21.1

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi, I successfully moved an email from Inbox to Inbox/Bot-Test without encountering any errors.

Although it was mentioned that a fix was implemented, I wonder if it would be worth trying to keep only one account integrated into the locally installed Outlook and then attempting the process again. This might help you pinpoint any lingering issues.

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/aae-client/bot-creator/commands/email-package-releases.html#trw1682768294100__email-march-mpr-24

Please mark the response as a solution if it helps you.

Hi, I successfully moved an email from Inbox to Inbox/Bot-Test without encountering any errors.

Although it was mentioned that a fix was implemented, I wonder if it would be worth trying to keep only one account integrated into the locally installed Outlook and then attempting the process again. This might help you pinpoint any lingering issues.

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/aae-client/bot-creator/commands/email-package-releases.html#trw1682768294100__email-march-mpr-24

Please mark the response as a solution if it helps you.

Hello, have you done it in a shared mailbox with outlook connection?

The moment i select anything else than “Default mailbox” or leave it empty, it can’t find any folders.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi, I have limited access to test with a shared mailbox. Based on the documentation, it seems like...

The Email package supports the email automation of a shared mailbox in Outlook for Office 365/Microsoft 365 using IMAP/EWS protocols, and OAuth 2.0 authentication using Client Credentials and Authorization Code with PKCE grant flows. You can automate emails retrieved from a shared mailbox and perform email-related tasks by accessing each folder(s) and its subfolder(s) in the shared mailbox. Ensure that you have set up the shared mailbox in your Outlook application. Note that sending, forwarding, and replying to emails using a shared mailbox is not supported.

Badge +2

The status is SOLVED but I don’t see the author of the original post confirm he has a solution.  I am having the same exact issues.  The looping through the inbox/subfolder works fine, and then when I try to move the successfully processed email to inbox/subfolder/subfolder it says it cannot find it.  I did the same check if Folder exists and that returns TRUE.   

I know the MOVE feature is new to the Email package.  Is it just still buggy????